Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can I just tell you about my new man in a very gushy way?!?

(11 Posts)
horseygeorgie1 Mon 01-Aug-16 00:27:42

I can't help it! I'm so excited and you lot at MN have kept me going through some tough times. I may not post a huge amount but have been on here for about 9 years now.

I'm 32 and have been single for 11 years. I have a DD from a fling but honestly thought I would be alone forever! I met a man OLD 3 years ago and we have been friends all that time. About 3 weeks ago he told me he felt very differently (thank God!) and we started seeing each other. I stayed at his for the first time on Friday and it was wonderful!!!

I utterly adore him! He is kind, intelligent, very old fashioned (which I love), beautifully mannered and the most generous man I have ever known. He actually reminds me of my GD who is the most wonderful man in the world. I cannot stop thinking about him and he thinks I'm gorgeous! I wasn't sure the physical side would work as I actually didn't fancy him at first but it was fantastic! He is so caring in EVERYTHING he does and I feel so lucky and so excited. He is truly a gentleman.

I am so sorry for such a a pathetically gushing post but I am literally bursting (internally of course, I would never be so uncool!) with happiness and possibility and wanted to share with people who mean alot!

Have lots of wine and cake and flowers on me!

LazyFemme Mon 01-Aug-16 00:36:52

Aww smile that's great OP flowers

PaperdollCartoon Mon 01-Aug-16 00:37:56

He sounds fab smile You are very welcome to gush, embrace happiness. To much more of it wine

horseygeorgie1 Mon 01-Aug-16 00:39:47

I am grinning like a complete loony atm! My poor DM is dying to interrogate me and book the church but has been so well behaved.

Puff42 Mon 01-Aug-16 01:41:49

So nice to read such a positive post in Relationships! Congratulations and enjoy!!

finnmcool Mon 01-Aug-16 01:44:52

That is just so lovely for you!!
Gush away, are you walking around with a big smile?
Congratulations, enjoy it.

horseygeorgie1 Mon 01-Aug-16 01:57:03

fin, The smile is actually ridiculous! I may well find myself committed soon!

He has booked a night away in October in a gorgeous hotel with a 4 poster bed for a 1940s weekend I have always wanted to go to!

HermioneJeanGranger Mon 01-Aug-16 08:17:48

Awww yay! Good for you OP smile

TheNaze73 Mon 01-Aug-16 08:31:35

Good for you OP. He sounds like a catch

Sooverthis Mon 01-Aug-16 08:43:24

Aha that's lovely. I still feel like this about my dh. Eight years ago he looked at me as he walked in through a pub door and I just knew. He moved in three weeks later now been married five years together eight. I was single for fifteen years honestly thought no one would ever be right for me and my dc. Every day I tell him how grateful I am to have him and how much I love our life. Every day he tells me I'm beautiful I'm not and he couldn't live without me he'd be dead in three days of starvation probably with a dirty arse flowers and wine and cake for you

Resilience16 Mon 01-Aug-16 09:39:50

Excellent to hear good news Horsey, thanks for sharing. Good luck to you both. Enjoy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now