We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Boss from hell?

(9 Posts)
Namechanged1213 Thu 28-Jul-16 23:55:06

Ok I have the boss from hell but I'm not confident to write the ins and outs on here due to panicking she's on here! So hoping you guys can tell me about your awful bosses and how you dealt with them. Just need a 'you're not alone' thing

stiffstink Thu 28-Jul-16 23:57:33

Are you struggling with a screenplay? Or are you Daily Fail looking for some filler?

Namechanged1213 Thu 28-Jul-16 23:59:45

No I genuinely just don't want to think I'm the only one with an awful boss and I've been drinking wine.. And I feel alone so I'm reaching out. No need to be rude

SandyY2K Fri 29-Jul-16 00:15:35

I don't have a horrible boss but I have staff come to me complaining about they managers. Some just have zero people skills and really upset their team.

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 29-Jul-16 00:23:25

Write your own (crap) article.

Namechanged1213 Fri 29-Jul-16 00:28:54

Wow I'm a regular (lurker) here and somehow get sccused of working for the daily fail. I'm genuinely asking for others with similar issues as I'm feeling rather crap being in this position. But hey ho mn at its finest.

stiffstink Fri 29-Jul-16 04:01:39

Can't you see why it looks like that?

"Hey everyone, I don't want to post my own story for fear of reprisals but I'd like you to do so just because."

cexuwaleozbu Fri 29-Jul-16 04:58:00

Watch Horrible Bosses

Read this book which I found helpful when I had nightmare bosses.

I've probably had about a 50:50 mix of horrible and nice bosses over the years. Sometimes the horrible ones got less horrible once they grew to understand and respect my talents, others just needed to be survived until I could escape.

PuellaEstCornelia Fri 29-Jul-16 06:16:12

Speak to your Union. They'll be able to give you advice on how to handle it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now