Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I told him to go and he did

(8 Posts)
Blushingm Mon 25-Jul-16 01:46:08

Things haven't been good for years. There's no affection, we have nothing in common and he just sulks or broods so I know it's the right decision......

So why do I feel so shit?

timelytess Mon 25-Jul-16 01:47:35

Because its a big change and change is scary. Good luck.

Blushingm Mon 25-Jul-16 01:51:34

It's a huge chAbge

I'm terrified of the future

Atenco Mon 25-Jul-16 02:59:43

It will be hard for a little while, OP, because change IS scary, but it sounds like this is a very necessary change.

Blushingm Mon 25-Jul-16 05:27:16

It is - it's been coming for years, I shocked myself I actually did it. But now I'm just constantly feeling like I'm going to throw up!

DorynownotFloundering Mon 25-Jul-16 06:35:09

Also the sheer adrenaline surge when you have a confrontation like that can lead to a physical crash as your body & mind go "oof I DID it!"

Be kind to yourself, try and drink little & often to keep nourished, I found soups good at this stage or shakes just sip. Have a duvet day if you can or even just a few hours watching an old film, cry if you need to & just BE.
Let friends know, take any help offered, you are starting your new life it IS scary but it will be good 😄

Blushingm Mon 25-Jul-16 13:23:55

Thank you. Friends are being incredibly supportive and my dad step mum sister & brother

I want to feel normal not like this

DorynownotFloundering Sat 30-Jul-16 11:52:31

How are you * blushing* ?smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now