Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I dont think we 'gel'

(3 Posts)
needresolution Wed 20-Jul-16 13:29:02

I've been seeing an older man for a year now (live separately now) and for the most part we have had some nice times and the kids like him. I decided to buy a house earlier on in the year and the talk of progressing things between us ie: moving in together became apparent and I liked the idea and that became the 'plan'.

Now that I've got the house and we've been busy decorating, I'm not sure that moving in together is something I want, some of the things he says fills me with dread (hes very tidy) he gets stressed easily and doesn't sleep well - I do stress but need a decent nights sleep.

We booked a holiday earlier in the year with my kids and now I'm worried about it all, I really don't know what to do, obviously I need to say something but don't know how to broach the subject..help?

TheNaze73 Wed 20-Jul-16 14:24:04

I think you just need to be open, honest & direct with him

ravenmum Wed 20-Jul-16 14:28:15

A year is not long, especially when you have children. Say you've been thinking it over and you want to take it more slowly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now