Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I caught him looking at his ex on facebook

(35 Posts)
VIX1307 Sun 17-Jul-16 16:26:19

So long story short, i popped up to the shops and was gone no longer than tens mins. When i came back i looked through the window on my way in and my boyfriend of 2 years, was sitting on the sofa back to me. I could see he was going through photos of his ex on facebook (split up 2 years ago) and they are no longer friends on it so he must have purposely searched to find her profile. Not only did he go through her photos but then proceeded to look at every male profile who had "liked" her photo.
When i confronted him he said it was bad timing and he rarely looks and it was pure curiosity. It just seems pretty shit to think that this is what he gets up to when im out of site for ten minutes.
Is this something i should be worried about? sad

Dutchcourage Sun 17-Jul-16 16:27:39

No.

He was just being nosy.

Sirzy Sun 17-Jul-16 16:30:38

How long did you stand spying to see all that?

BrandNewAndImproved Sun 17-Jul-16 16:32:40

More then ten minutes sirzy wink

Mamatallica Sun 17-Jul-16 16:33:48

Unless he's doing it loads, I wouldn't worry. I've looked up my ex on Facebook before, we split up over ten years ago and I wouldn't want him back in a million years, it's just idle curiosity. I feel intrigued who would want my ex tbh and kind of sorry for them!

plimsolls Sun 17-Jul-16 16:34:17

I look exes up all the time. And random old colleagues/schoolmates/anyone really.

Pure nosiness or curiosity. No big deal at all.

MrsHardy1 Sun 17-Jul-16 16:35:25

I occasionally look on ex's FBs blush being nosey. I'm not keen on any of them grin

plimsolls Sun 17-Jul-16 16:35:33

Also: I'm sure he doesn't do it every time you are out of sight for 10 minutes.

SoleBizzz Sun 17-Jul-16 16:35:58

I only look through ex photos on Facebook if I miss them tbh and wonder what if. Also being nosey.

SoleBizzz Sun 17-Jul-16 16:36:23

But I'm single

ilovesooty Sun 17-Jul-16 16:36:35

I don't see the big deal with it either.

ladylambkin Sun 17-Jul-16 16:36:52

You must have VERY good eyesight

VIX1307 Sun 17-Jul-16 16:37:58

That is my only worry to be honest. I agreed with him and said i can get why you would do it once in a while. It just makes me wonder if it was just bad timing and it was the first time in a couple of months (which i happened to see) or if thats what he always does as soon as im out of the house!

RosieandJim89 Sun 17-Jul-16 16:40:02

I have done this before.

Would never want them back. Am just curious!

user1468602338 Sun 17-Jul-16 16:40:19

How did you manage to see that through the window? Why assume he was looking at the male likes?
He was prob being nosey ..I wouldn't worry

mumofthemonsters808 Sun 17-Jul-16 16:41:10

I look at random people all the time, just out of boredom, sometimes there really is nothing to it. You're either nosey or you're not.

VIX1307 Sun 17-Jul-16 16:41:51

The sofa is right by the window as you walk into the house and he had it on his laptop screen so not hard to see at allgrin

FiveFullFathoms Sun 17-Jul-16 16:42:18

I do this from time to time. I definitely don't want them back but I am sometimes curious about what they're up to.

Sounds like he's just doing the same. He hasn't contacted her has he?

VIX1307 Sun 17-Jul-16 16:43:37

A couple of months ago he got a call in the middle of the night from a "s" on his phone. The initial of her name. So yes i guess im rather paranoid

alphabook Sun 17-Jul-16 16:44:02

I've done this before out of nosiness.

BikeRunSki Sun 17-Jul-16 16:45:23

I look at exes and old colleagues and old friends on FB all the time, out of curiosity.

HedgehogHedgehog Sun 17-Jul-16 16:46:05

Yes i too have done this for all of my exes at some point! Deffo not because i want them back or still have feelings for them but just out of nosiness. You shouldnt do it really but nearly everyone does lol. I wouldnt worry about it unless he seems to be doing it all the time.

FeckArseIndustries Sun 17-Jul-16 16:53:19

A couple of months ago he got a call in the middle of the night from a "s" on his phone. The initial of her name. So yes i guess im rather paranoid
That's not paranoid. That's just cause for concern. The fact she's stored under 's', the fact she calls in the middle of the night (or at all, being an ex f 2 years), together with the extensive FB stalking of her and her male friends. I wouldn't be very happy.

plimsolls Sun 17-Jul-16 16:58:50

Um, the phone call might be more concerning. What did he say about it?

BrandNewAndImproved Sun 17-Jul-16 17:06:30

Gotta love a drip feed. Not that I particularly believe this same old script from under the bridge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now