Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm really angry,am I over reacting?

(27 Posts)
user1468602338 Sun 17-Jul-16 08:44:06

So me and a friend on Friday night organised to go for tea and to the cinema.
Thursday she text saying "sorry can't make it thursday,need to save money as I'm getting hair done,sorry for being selfish.
Anyway Thursday night she's posting meal out with kids and vip cinema but I think that's fair enough it's for her kids etc I understand.
Then Friday night it gets to 10pm and she snapchsts me from a nightclub saying "party" the night we were meant to be out but she was "skint".
Anyway I text saying thought you had no money and that's why you couldn't make the cinema.
She replys it was a last minute decision they turned up at 7pm and I've only brought £10 out.
Bullshit..that wouldn't even cover taxi home.
I'm so annoyed

fusspot66 Sun 17-Jul-16 08:46:51

She's no friend. Be unavailable next time plans are being made. YANBU to be angry (and hurt)

fusspot66 Sun 17-Jul-16 08:47:15

flowerscakebrew

Horehound Sun 17-Jul-16 08:47:42

Dump the friend

ElspethFlashman Sun 17-Jul-16 08:49:28

She only brought a tenner out? Oh sure.....hmm

She's also very cheeky snapchatting you from the club. As if you wouldn't remember!

Time to be less available I think.

tofutti Sun 17-Jul-16 08:50:41

God, she's thick and insensitive, isn't she? Sounds like she had another offer and made up an excuse to you. But to then dnapchat you from the club shock

Is she usually a good friend or do you have to make all the effort? Friendship is a two way street.

user1468602338 Sun 17-Jul-16 08:54:45

Shes always selfish thinks the world revolves around her.
It does feel one sided at times.
As in I give her advice then I ask about my problems and I get "oh Kelly stop talking about it just forgot him" and that's not for my own good that's because she can't be bothered to listen or try and help.
I didn't even text her back after her saying she only took £10 out..she must think I came down with the last shower.

RosieandJim89 Sun 17-Jul-16 08:54:57

I would be livid!

Steamgirl Sun 17-Jul-16 08:55:43

I'd be upset but I wouldn't be upset for long. Life's too short for friends like these. Next time make your plans with someone who is actually nice and give them your time and attention instead

user1468602338 Sun 17-Jul-16 09:49:43

She's just text "so hungover"
She's unbelievable

ElspethFlashman Sun 17-Jul-16 09:53:38

God knows what she expects you to respond. "Aw poor you?"???? hmm

I'd leave her stew and not answer at all tbh.

EarthboundMisfit Sun 17-Jul-16 10:00:24

I'd drop her. She just got a better offer.

Nocabbageinmyeye Sun 17-Jul-16 10:05:35

As much as I'd be tempted to text her back I think you should just ignore her - forever, sack her off altogether, insensitive and thick as a pp said

BolshierAryaStark Sun 17-Jul-16 11:05:35

Delete her number & ignore her, she's no friend.

Isetan Sun 17-Jul-16 11:21:19

She treats you this way because she's a cow and you take it. You can't stop her being a cow but you can stop indulging her.

OnionKnight Sun 17-Jul-16 11:31:46

Tell her to fuck off.

winkywinkola Sun 17-Jul-16 12:46:51

Just don't ever be available again. Be polite and fade from view. She is not your friend. She's a cow.

TheWitTank Sun 17-Jul-16 13:38:11

Ignore her texts. She is a dick.

HuskyLover1 Sun 17-Jul-16 13:43:03

Ignore her. She's behaved terribly. Blown you off and lied as well.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sun 17-Jul-16 13:46:57

So hungover after only £10 of nightclub drinks (ie 2 vodkas)?
Lightweight

IreallyKNOWiamright Sun 17-Jul-16 14:36:26

Be unavailable next time she has a crises or something. That's what I do with people like that I just put boundaries in and if they are real friends they accept it or get in a strop if users.

fanniboz Sun 17-Jul-16 14:42:41

If it was me I wouldn't reply. Life's too short for that bullshit OP, drop her and don't waste anymore time on her. Sorry, losing friends sucks flowers

Mattscap Sun 17-Jul-16 14:54:43

Many years ago I booked a trip to France with a girl I worked with. As it drew nearer she kept talking about how another friend wanted her to go to Spain instead, anyway she cancelled our trip because she couldn't afford it and we lost our deposits, a lot of money when you're a teenager.

Anyway she was off sick the week of our cancelled holiday and returned with a deep suntan, in the days before tanning places. It was the talk of the workplace.

Sometimes you just look stupid if you stay friends with people who treat you badly and the choice is sort of made for you. Don't you think OP?

user1468602338 Sun 17-Jul-16 15:02:55

Wow matscapp that is awful I would of been furious.
I feel stupid myself,it's quite crappy when you think someone is taking you for a mug

Mattscap Sun 17-Jul-16 15:17:07

But that's the thing isn't it OP? they only do it to people they don't value. I didn't ever want to feel like that again and I haven't.

I very quietly take no shit from anyone. I recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now