Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Married problems

(3 Posts)
Beldejour Wed 13-Jul-16 17:08:09

I've been in the relationship with my husband for about his years, we have a little girl and another one on the way. Ever since I gave birth, (which was last year) things have changed. I'm a stay at home Mum (running my small business from home) looking after our daughter and the house and he only works and does nothing else. He's always tired, he comes home from work and plays on his phone until bed time, we barely speak. We have no life. We haven't been on a date since over a year, but he's not bothered about. I always have to push to go holiday or get away on a city break in Europe. I don't feel like a loving wife, I'm bored of this marriage. I feel more like in a friendship rather than relationship.

Greenandmighty Wed 13-Jul-16 22:51:25

Hi Beldejour, not sure how long you've been married (typo?) but sorry to hear about how things are for you. I can empathise; my husband never books us a date night. I don't think either of us want to go on a "date" with each other. We've been married 20 years. Do you still have any intimacy, even cuddles. We give each other odd peck on cheek as a greeting and occasional hug but no physical relationship. I don't feel I can carry on indefinitely this way. I have a feeling my dh feels same, ie trapped. I feel some guilt because I went off sex but I haven't gone off sex per se, just don't fancy him. It's hard because he's a good hard working man and we both love our kids, but now they're late and mid teens, I can't face a life without sex. If I felt we could rekindle intimacy I'd be more hopeful. How do you feel on that score? Do you sense he's feeling same as you? How old is your daughter?

Greenandmighty Wed 13-Jul-16 22:54:04

Sorry, just reread, you say you gave birth last year. We're things better between you both before becoming parents?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now