Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do I leave?

(2 Posts)
JustWantHappiness Fri 08-Jul-16 23:31:36

I've posted on here under various names. I have a lot of issues (dead bedroom, abusive inlaws the works) Nothing is going well in my marriage. Husband refuses to discuss any of it and any mention of me being unhappy leads to him shouting at me for not doing the housework (I'm main earner plus disabled plus do all school and hobby runs) he shouts over me and basically totally disregards my feelings.

I need to leave. I want to leave. But I have no friends to turn to for help, if I leave I physically cannot run a house on my own. I also cannot bear the thought of being on my own indefinitely (I was single for nearly a decade before we met) so part of me feels it's better to stay with someone than leave and have no one.

I used to be so confident and happy and slim and attractive. Now I'm this housebound fat blob of a person who has no idea how to hold a conversation or interact with anyone let alone make friends or meet a new partner in the future.

Stupid things worry me about leaving. How do I get my belongings he threw in the loft back? How do I clear my pictures from the computer onto a new hard drive (as he threw out my old one with all my dc baby pictures on saying its taking up space)? How do I emotionally get out of here? I want to leave. I really want to leave but I'm terrified.

Fedupd0tcom Fri 08-Jul-16 23:43:07

Sending you a big hug. It sounds like he is controlling you and bullying you. Can you get in touch with any organisations near you? Like a women's refuge type organisation or similar? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now