Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I've met someone and life is full of surprises

(615 Posts)
ProfessorPickles Tue 05-Jul-16 21:33:33

Here is the fourth instalment of the "I've met someone" saga.

Looking forward to seeing the regulars checking back in and hopefully some new faces smile

CrazyDuchess Tue 05-Jul-16 21:38:53

grin

Yup sorry a massive I told you so!

I was really saddened how quickly everyone wrote B off and was frustrated that everyone wanted to commiserate.

I am an optimist and just think we should focus on the positives until we are proven otherwise.... have faith!

LovePGtipsMonkey Tue 05-Jul-16 21:44:25

haha I just posted the same, and 'I told you so; from both if us, Crazy - while I was typing it turned out to be the last message on old thread!
It was too much unlike him - and if people won't look at old thread now, just to say again - I'd give the benefit of the doubt to anyone once, second time not so much of course!
Whether it was nice and polite or more than that - re,mains to be seen, did he suggest to re-arrange? any other questions from him, This? see how it goes meaning will he message more, that would be crucial to judge his interest.

LovePGtipsMonkey Tue 05-Jul-16 21:46:04

Crazy not everyone - I didn't.

CrazyDuchess Tue 05-Jul-16 21:47:09

From what This has shared of B it just seemed so unlikely he wasn't interested.

This is exactly what I mean a put placing our own expectations on someone else - we are the only ones that end up disappointed or hurt.

CrazyDuchess Tue 05-Jul-16 21:48:17

Sorry - not PG!! I felt a bit relieved when you came on yesterday..... I really thought I was going a bit crazy?? Or had completely misread the situation

LovePGtipsMonkey Tue 05-Jul-16 21:51:34

not only there are all the signs of interest, but also he is usually polite and respectful to all and it would be unlike him to be so rude. The only negative option was, that he is self sabotaging like This to an extent, thankfully not!

ProfessorPickles Tue 05-Jul-16 21:52:02

I hoped it'd turn out well, but was worried he'd done it intentionally just because of his moody spells before. I didn't want to say I was sure he would have a good reason incase I got This' hopes up!!

I'm very pleased how things have turned out though, and hopefully this will prove to be an exciting thread for both of us smile

CrazyDuchess Tue 05-Jul-16 21:52:06

Thank you PG flowers

ProfessorPickles Tue 05-Jul-16 21:53:48

Yes I must agree that based on what we've been told he sounds polite and like a nice man most of the time. I just couldn't think of a reason why he wasn't in touch! But clearly there was one smile

LovePGtipsMonkey Tue 05-Jul-16 22:00:05

I though he s fallen asleep and then was embarassed.
Prof, that's a very nice title! I was suggesting '...and he's about to ask me out' going by your guy's intentions, but this covers everyone's situation whoever shows initiative first!

Hushabyelullaby Tue 05-Jul-16 22:02:43

I'm so happy that there was a reason and that B is as nice as he appeared to be. How long are you in the UK for This? Did I imagine it or did you mention a week?

ProfessorPickles Tue 05-Jul-16 22:06:54

PG, yes that was my thinking! Then it covers everyone smile

I am rather excited for next week, we haven't arranged a day still but have been messaging while he's away. I woke up to a lovely message this morning smile

ThisIsTheRightTime Tue 05-Jul-16 22:11:59

He wrote in his message that he was worried I'd be disappointed in him. Which I think is kind of sweet.

ProfessorPickles Tue 05-Jul-16 22:19:10

That is very sweet indeed, and sounds sincere smile

ThisIsTheRightTime Tue 05-Jul-16 22:28:32

Crazy I promise to live and learn from the valuable lesson you have taught me.

I am not wishing to make excuses for my dreadfully negative behaviour yesterday BUT grin:

My eldest daughter's father disappeared when she was two, never to return again, I lived for two years with a man who had a double life without knowing (although my sixth sense was screaming at me but the lies he told shock) and some time later I find out that my husband who is leaving me is a Narcissist. There have been some wonderful men in between and a few in between types but I have found it hard to trust as much these days. I am more than willing to learn though so thank you! smile

CrazyDuchess Tue 05-Jul-16 22:34:07

I assure you I am the least likely to judge - my life has been and at times is still really really shit... the only thing that has got me through is just focusing on the positives and repeating "this too shall pass"

I really really struggle with overwhelming negativity and should not get so invested

So my apological for my abruptness...... but the Duchess is rarely wrong grin

ThisIsTheRightTime Tue 05-Jul-16 22:36:55

Hello Hushabye! smile It's wonderful to see you here on Prof's thread and thank you for your vote of confidence for B! We're here until Monday but I will return in August if anyone wants to meet up then?

It's true that my pain and shock last night came from the fact that B's behaviour did not tally with his usual respectful manner. I'm so glad! So so glad.

ThisIsTheRightTime Tue 05-Jul-16 22:39:57

It's good to have you on my side Crazy! I'm lucky. I manage to be positive for most things but feel very insecure about myself on relationships.

Are you as pleased as I am that B has shown his respectful streak then?

LovePGtipsMonkey Tue 05-Jul-16 22:42:19

This, so did he suggest to re-arrange? or ask how are you etc? it's early yet, but if he does that while you are away, very promising!

Crazy - similar here, I'm rarely wrong when advising others but my own love life is dire atm.

ThisIsTheRightTime Tue 05-Jul-16 22:42:26

And a big cheery, hello to you RosieSW!:smile

CrazyDuchess Tue 05-Jul-16 22:48:19

I am pleased!!! But to be honest I really didn't think he has shown you anything less than respect...

His moodiness at work? That's not disrespectful.... he is just being him.

And for those calling him out as rude... again we come back to expectations! He is just doing what he does... you have to trust in your gut and the evidence you are presented with.

I am totally on your side! But i will always seek to see the best in people flowers

ThisIsTheRightTime Tue 05-Jul-16 22:48:45

No he didn't ask to rearrange PGtips. He said he hoped everything was going well for me and wrote 'bon courage' and that he felt worried I was disappointed in him etc. Honestly he's not the world's best communicator (though probably very good with his hands grin) so really I'm just hugely relieved that the guy did not turn out to be a feckless jerk who had no respect for me.

LovePGtipsMonkey Tue 05-Jul-16 22:49:15

It's not 'respectful' as such, This - it's good manners to apologise. Respect was shown when he was listening to you and also not being cocky even though he knows you must like him.

ThisIsTheRightTime Tue 05-Jul-16 22:50:19

More to the point, that my instinct about him was right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now