Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

i have a sex related question and i cant post in the sex topic....its not that naughty

(35 Posts)
AprilSkies44 Tue 05-Jul-16 17:11:51

im just curious to know how common it is to come together during PIV sex (either with or without added stimulation)

its just not something i can ask my friends....

ta and im sorry if ive offended anyones delicate disposition.

LazyJournalistsQuoteMN Tue 05-Jul-16 17:14:42

Depends on the couple. Some do, some don't

ALaughAMinute Tue 05-Jul-16 17:35:16

Hardly ever in my experience. I usually climax first during foreplay if I'm with a man who knows what he's doing.

TanTanNubuck Tue 05-Jul-16 17:38:27

Blimey, I thought the pressure to achieve this went out of fashion ca. 1985. It was the in thing back then, a bit like female ejaculation seems to be now. Maybe it's back in vogue? hmm

As a couple you are not performing seals. I would think that striving for this could be extremely distracting.
Just enjoy the sex. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't it's no big deal.

Helpmeltb Tue 05-Jul-16 17:38:46

Quite often with current dp - more often than not. Rarely with anyone previously.

Mintychoc1 Tue 05-Jul-16 17:39:15

I have never come during PIV sex.

HoggleHoggle Tue 05-Jul-16 17:41:30

We sometimes do...I always come first and so if dh is particularly, erm, quick, then he will hang on until I do and then come at the same time. But we tend to each orgasm through different positions so we sort of take it in turns. That makes it sound terribly English, like an orgasm queue blush

AprilSkies44 Tue 05-Jul-16 17:41:39

lord no its not pressure of any sort! i just wondered because for the first time EVER its something im experiencing and i thought "wahay"! but a friend told me its common.

he is good at hanging on. and im good at not.

Buggers Tue 05-Jul-16 17:44:47

I always do. Only if I'm on top though.

FV45 Tue 05-Jul-16 20:41:13

What's PIV sex?

alphabook Tue 05-Jul-16 20:43:47

I think that has happened maybe twice in my 6 year relationship.

EllaHen Tue 05-Jul-16 20:44:06

HoggleHoggle - that did make me laugh. Orgasm queue. grin

ProfessorBranestawm Tue 05-Jul-16 20:54:44

nope oral only for me (DH is a freaking GENIUS at it and loves doing it grin) I do enjoy the PIV sex but can't quite 'get there' with it

AprilSkies44 Tue 05-Jul-16 20:55:27

fv45 - piv = penis in vagina.

AprilSkies44 Tue 05-Jul-16 21:03:53

so i should count myself lucky then.

im not very experienced really despite being in my 40s. dp is the only man ive ever really really enjoyed sex with. he isnt selfish at all. but i thought id hit the holy grail because we can come together.
we have had a few rough patches in the relationship over the course of it and i was reluctant to let it go, and without wishing to sound really shallow sex with him was different to anything id experienced.

weve recently lost a baby during the second trimester and its brought us even closer but i was feeling quite guilty that i could even think of sex let alone do it, but he does something to me that ive never known - its not just sex. i know that sounds really lame.

AprilSkies44 Tue 05-Jul-16 21:21:48

im quintessentially english.....
i do turn taking very well .

LuluJakey1 Tue 05-Jul-16 21:34:53

DH and I manage it sometimes but I usually come a bit before him during piv sex. If not he makes sure I do afterwards.

merville Tue 05-Jul-16 21:52:33

ProfessorBranestawm
envy (had to use the envy emoji cause there's no throwing up emoji) wink

BertieBeats Tue 05-Jul-16 21:59:42

I cum from penetrative sex but that's because there's usually grinding involved so gives me the clitoral stimulation I need. If we're doing doggy style or spooning I usually have to rub myself (or partner does). I do prefer a orgasm through penetration because the fullness makes them more intense.

AyeAmarok Tue 05-Jul-16 22:03:42

Probably only manage it a third of the time. Maybe a quarter actually. And it requires some clever positioning that benefits us both.

Generally I need oral sex or manual stimulation to get there and then I go to sleep, satisfied

AprilSkies44 Tue 05-Jul-16 22:14:59

i cant pretend i come from piv alone.....i have to help myself but he can hold on until im ready and to come at the same time feels very intimate.

he is also completely willing at oral. as am i. we can do the whole swapsies thing too.
ive often felt it disingenuous to say i have too many orgasms....but sometimes i do. its exhausting in a really nice way to admit that. his ex never did so he loves it and totally gets off on making me come. sorry for the absolute tmi....

but he is a genius....and a willing, very controlled one which is just lovely.

ProfessorBranestawm Tue 05-Jul-16 22:33:29

Sorry Merville I wasn't aware that TMI was an issue on a sex thread wink grin

AnecdotalEvidence Tue 05-Jul-16 22:57:57

Yes almost always. I need extra stimulation alongside PIV but DH waits until I come, then that generally tips him over the edge too.
It doesn't matter if we don't, no big deal either way, that's just the way it works for us.

AprilSkies44 Tue 05-Jul-16 23:08:43

thanks for the honesty and points of view.

i cant say it really matters and sometimes we dont - but i just wondered if id found something special or not.
its a first for me, so felt special. i find it hard to be intimate. ive realised intimacy is different to having sex.

merville Tue 05-Jul-16 23:15:15

ProfessorBranestawm It was envy induced nausea .. if only your husband could give evening classes on it for the good of womankind; we should contact our local F&E colleges and demand they start running them wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now