Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ok....

(55 Posts)
Fireandflames666 Sat 02-Jul-16 18:45:34

I was messaging my best male friend the other day and was telling him that my drunk oh was trying to push me in to having sex. He replied with "oh, that'll be another kid on the way then!". Why would he say that?. I don't know how to take it.

loveyoutothemoon Sat 02-Jul-16 18:53:19

I think you'll have more of an idea than we have on mumsnet!

0hCrepe Sat 02-Jul-16 18:54:20

What did you expect him to say? It's an odd thing for you to share with a male friend and he probably felt he needed to say something whilst trying to avoid references to your relationship and sex.

SoleBizzz Sat 02-Jul-16 18:58:15

You were looking fir support and he didn't know what to say for all sorts of unknown reasons. I wouldn't stay with a man who thought it was his place to push me into having sex with him.

loobyloo1234 Sat 02-Jul-16 18:58:23

Do you have other children? And were they conceived when he/you were drunk? Very confusing post hmm

SandyY2K Sat 02-Jul-16 18:59:01

How many kids do you have?
Were they all conceived when he pushed you into having sex?

Would you be comfortable if he talked about sex with a female friend ?

One word for you. Boundaries

SoleBizzz Sat 02-Jul-16 18:59:18

Or your friend is an insensitive person or he is fed up of advising you about your relationship. Why do you think he responded the way he did?

Muddlewitch Sat 02-Jul-16 19:05:37

Do you/OH have any children?

Fireandflames666 Sat 02-Jul-16 19:21:54

I have two children, and they were both planned (no drink involved). I know pushy is wrong, he apologised afterwards.

Me and my friend always share issues with each other, Always have done. I though he was being jealous maybe, probably wrong though.

Yeahthatwasme Sat 02-Jul-16 20:16:13

I though he was being jealous maybe, probably wrong though.

Well well well. This is the most revealing post.

There was nothing remotely in your OP to suggest jealousy. It is pretty clear that you are looking for it - and also, by inappropriately discussing your sex life with a male friend - trying to provoke it.

It may very well be subconcious on your part but the fact you posted about this strongly indicates that it's playing on your mind.

You either want to be with this man or want to get off by provoking his jealousy to boost your ego or triangulate your relationship.

You will fully deny this I know but I suggest you have a deep look into your heart and your motivations. This is not healthy.

Your poor OH whatever the truth of it is - it's not nice or fair to him. If you aren't happy leave; if you are, stop trying to use your friends for your own ends.

BolshierAryaStark Sat 02-Jul-16 20:21:50

Ha ha ha, do you have feelings for/a crush on this particular male friend by any chance?

loveyoutothemoon Sat 02-Jul-16 20:26:30

I agree, doesn't sound like jealousy, not sure what it is though.

Is there more to it?

SmallLegsOrSmallEggs Sat 02-Jul-16 20:31:32

Your problem is not your fruends behaviour..it is your OH.

wombattoo Sat 02-Jul-16 20:32:21

Weird confused

CalleighDoodle Sat 02-Jul-16 20:36:12

Totally agree with yeahthatwasme

Fireandflames666 Sat 02-Jul-16 20:36:17

No, no feelings for this friend. Been friends for many years, it just seemed usual for him to say something like that.

I thought I was just over thinking, think I was right, lol.

Costacoffeeplease Sat 02-Jul-16 20:36:21

It's weird that you told him, what he replied is weird, and the fact that you think he could be jealous is the weirdest of the lot

Fireandflames666 Sat 02-Jul-16 20:39:13

Why is it weird?. What would you see it as?.

PurpleDaisies Sat 02-Jul-16 20:39:52

No, no feelings for this friend. Been friends for many years, it just seemed usual for him to say something like that.

Haven't you posted before about being in love with him?

Costacoffeeplease Sat 02-Jul-16 20:42:50

Because there's nothing in what he said that implies jealousy, I don't get why you think it does

BolshierAryaStark Sat 02-Jul-16 20:43:07

Not jealousy-as said upthread, you need to consider boundaries... Who the fuck texts that to any friend tolerates that shit anyway, it if it's real... let alone closest male one that they have no feelings for, oh no, not at all.

Fireandflames666 Sat 02-Jul-16 20:43:37

That was a different "friend" actually. Not spoken to him since that thread was posted.

Fireandflames666 Sat 02-Jul-16 20:45:39

Well, thanks for your Input people. Much appreciated.

GrimmauldPlace Sat 02-Jul-16 20:46:43

Did you ask him what he meant by it?

Fireandflames666 Sat 02-Jul-16 20:48:05

No I didn't. I changed the subject as I didn't know how to respond.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now