Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Having a tough week

(4 Posts)
worrierandwine Tue 28-Jun-16 19:33:16

This is more of a whine than anything else so feel free to switch off now.
Since DD2 came along ( 8 weeks) DH and I have been butting heads. Obviously I'm tired and I'm sure he is too but I have zero patience for him at the moment, not that I'm screaming at him I just don't like him very much. I don't know if he's changed or I've changed or if I'm seeing him in a new light but I'm sure his attitude and behaviour is getting worse. I still love him dearly and when I sit and think I have so many reasons to be thankful for him but I have some days where I feel he's not the man I married anymore.
He's been ill for the last week with a bad stomach so I'm sure that, combined with a pre-schooler, an 8 week old and a tired wife he feels pretty fed up himself but I feel no support from him and less anxious when he's not around. Is this normal or are we in serious trouble? Any opinions/ experience welcome grin

MatildaTheCat Tue 28-Jun-16 19:52:25

It's just a really hard time. Try to be nice to one another and don't compete on tiredness. It gets better.

Redisthenewblack Tue 28-Jun-16 20:01:15

You've got an 8 week old baby. Your hormones are alllllll over the place.

If you've not felt this before then ride it out. If you have other doubts then address them. (Although I'd also wait till.the hormones have died off to do this too).

Simple answer....New borns fuck you up.

Be kind to yourself and demand help/support from everyone you can.

JudyWilliams Tue 28-Jun-16 20:06:11

hi, I only have the one DD she's now 16 weeks and honestly its only the last 2/3 weeks where me and the OH have started getting back to normal and if anything I love him all the more!!!

but for a good three months I went from tears, to anger, to frustration and contemplating walking away many many times. Thankfully it passed. I hope you get sorted soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now