Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

can't take anymore

(19 Posts)
ohnoppp Sun 26-Jun-16 17:52:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnyFucker Sun 26-Jun-16 17:53:35

don't then

ohnoppp Sun 26-Jun-16 17:59:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

coco1810 Sun 26-Jun-16 18:22:08

So sorry you are in this situation. However, good for you for making the decision to go. Have you tried Women's Aid for support and advice? Good luck 🍀

ohnoppp Sun 26-Jun-16 18:23:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Iamdobby63 Sun 26-Jun-16 18:44:27

Sorry to hear you are going through this. Do you own your property? When you say you are going in the school holidays, do you mean you will take the children with you?

Before you do anything please get some legal advice either CA or a free session with a solicitor.

ImperialBlether Sun 26-Jun-16 18:48:10

Hang on a minute! Don't think of leaving your children and your home until you've thought this through.

What do you mean, he kicks at you? I don't understand that.

You work and take care of the house and the children - is that what you're saying?

Does he work outside the house? What does he do with the children?

ohnoppp Sun 26-Jun-16 18:50:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ohnoppp Sun 26-Jun-16 18:50:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AskBasil Sun 26-Jun-16 18:50:57

See a solicitor.


Don't leave your home, you may be able to stay in it if the solicitor's any good

Iamdobby63 Sun 26-Jun-16 19:24:25

'I earn all the money' is that what he says or are you stating you earn the money?

ohnoppp Sun 26-Jun-16 19:47:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Walkacrossthesand Sun 26-Jun-16 20:08:39

Look at it this way. If he was single, he'd still work the same hours but have to do his domestic stuff himself. I imagine part of the reason his earning power is higher, is because you sacrificed yours to have children. Decent men recognise that. Not to mention the insults and rudeness. Wrong at so many levels.

ImperialBlether Sun 26-Jun-16 20:52:34

Oh well, his good salary will come in useful when you leave him. I think once you've decided to go things get easier and don't tend to bother you as much. Just nod and smile and think of how happy you'll be once you're out of there.

RunRabbitRunRabbit Sun 26-Jun-16 22:14:43

See a solicitor. Get the facts. Then choose how to proceed.

ohnoppp Sun 26-Jun-16 22:34:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Resilience16 Wed 29-Jun-16 09:18:12

He ain't going to disappear, so you are going to get some legal advice and start planning your next move. Try Women's Aid for practical advice and the Citizens Advice give free advice also.
You deserve better.

HermioneJeanGranger Wed 29-Jun-16 09:47:30

Don't leave your home, you'll probably be entitled to stay there if you are the main carer.

Can you go to CAB one day and get some advice? Preferably go during the working day so he has no idea you've been to talk to anyone.

flowers it sounds shitty. Stay strong!

springydaffs Wed 29-Jun-16 15:48:16

Girl, you've got to leave this slug.

Plenty of is ushave done it - you do it a step at a time. Call Women's Aid 0808 2000 247. Or go on the women's Aid website and find your local Women's Aid number. They will help and support you in all ways.

You can do this! Imagine how lovely your life is going to be when he's not in it. BLISS.

Have you done the Freedom Programme?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now