Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should I pursue him?!

(4 Posts)
user1465406172 Fri 24-Jun-16 20:04:23

A guy, who is supposedly interested in me, he's a close family friend. I have had messages off him but only when he's got drunk and tried to start conversation. Problem with him is he's so nervous and I think lost a lot of confidence over the years that everytime the next morning once he's obviously sober, he stops messaging! Hes never ever sent me anything in relation to wanting sex ...he literally just tries to start a conversation but bottles it. He's a really nice guy, but don't know if I should try and pursue him or just leave him to it! I am interested in him....and from what I know it's the same for him, I just don't know how to handle it or if I should forget about?! Any advice would be great!

Hissy Sat 25-Jun-16 09:03:42

Where the bloody hell is your dignity and self esteem love?

If a bloke wants to see you, he'll contact you. Not when he's drunk.

Stop encouraging this piss poor behaviour and don't reply to his messages.

If he's interested he'll contact you properly. But tbh, he's not good enough for you.

HarmlessChap Sat 25-Jun-16 15:16:38

@Hissy I don't agree. If he's seriously lacking confidence, for whether reason, then he probably won't unless he's got some "Dutch courage" going on.

So I would say to the OP.....err its 2016 if you want to start something just take the lead and ask him out. If you want to find out whether you can make a go of it the pursue away and find out.

AutumnRose1988 Sat 25-Jun-16 22:19:10

IMO if a bloke is seriously lacking in self esteem (to the point he can't even pursue you) he is going to be a nightmare and this severe lack of confidence is going to a nightmare (and huge turn off) further down the line.

You don't need a man brimming with confidence but he sounds like he could be a real handful. Just don't go there. Pursue someone who you will find charasmatic and charming in a few years time not someone who is a bag of emotional baggage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now