Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What are your hobbies? I'm newly single and want to get involved with new things...

(10 Posts)
lauren42 Wed 22-Jun-16 15:43:49

What sort of things do you do to keep you busy?

Herald Wed 22-Jun-16 15:45:09

Have a look at the meet up groups they have many different activities i go walking with them ...

HotNatured Wed 22-Jun-16 15:48:56

I train at the gym, rock climb, take violin lessons, cycle, ride horses, do pilates, sing in a choir, see a lot of plays, volunteer once a fortnight at the Dog's Trust and if my usual group aren't around I join a solo snowboarding group of randoms, which is always so much fun. Cycling holidays exist like this outside of the winter period. I'm not single but I like to have my own life outside of my relationship, I think it makes for a healthier life in general.

MadeMan Wed 22-Jun-16 15:53:08

Quite a few Meetup groups do afternoon walks, or weekend hiking trips if you are fairly fit/active and like that kind of thing. Walking is a good way to get chatting to different people and it's good exercise; most people like to get out of the city and away from working life.

Oddsocksgalore Wed 22-Jun-16 15:55:50

I sing and play violin, badly!

Do something you've always wanted to do. Mine was singing and it makes me so happy.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Wed 22-Jun-16 15:58:05

Dog walking
Cycling
Am just going to put my name forward for the parish council
I'm thinking of volunteering for local first responder scheme.

BoyFromTheBigBadCity Wed 22-Jun-16 16:07:50

Look on fb to see if there's a GirlCrew group for your area.

What have you always wanted to have a go at? There's probably a class. I'm looking into ceroc - there are classes everywhere. Try something social, that involves chatting.

I'm watching, I'm struggling with this too.

TheNaze73 Wed 22-Jun-16 16:52:59

Kick boxing, spinning, boot camp

Arrowfanatic Wed 22-Jun-16 18:58:48

I train at karate several times a week and teachieve a karate class as well.

Arrowfanatic Wed 22-Jun-16 18:59:43

Try that again

I train at karate several times a week and teach a karate class as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now