Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Photos and divorce

(6 Posts)
GoldenOrb Wed 22-Jun-16 11:28:19

My husband and I are separating. I have got numerous photo albums of the last 15 years that I don't know what to do with. I really want to sort through them, pick out my favourites and ditch the rest. Am I likely to regret doing that? I'm moving from a 5 bed house to a 3 bed flat so I also don't know infinite space to keep everything!

LittleCandle Wed 22-Jun-16 11:40:20

My advice is to leave the photos until everything is settled. Then go through them one evening, preferably with a glass of wine, and decide which you are going to keep and which to chuck. It took me several years to get that that point, but it was well worth the wait. I more than halved the number of photos I kept.

Missrubyring Wed 22-Jun-16 11:45:43

Have you got any children?? It might be worth keeping some to show them one day.
If not as LittleCandle says wait until everything is settled, and go through them one evening with a glass of wine and a box of chocs/ your favourite snack!!

sparechange Wed 22-Jun-16 11:46:59

Have you got a photo scanner? They aren't expensive

Scan the ones you want to keep and give the hard copies to him?

Pinkheart5915 Wed 22-Jun-16 11:47:43

If you've got children I would keep a few just to show them when older.

If you haven't either keep a few if you parted on good terms or throw the lot, your choice when your ready

Herald Wed 22-Jun-16 12:16:05

I agree if you have children box them up and put them in the loft incase they ask to see them when older , I threw joint holiday pics away but really regret binning the wedding album , my now 11 yr old DD asked to see it .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now