Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I don't love my husband anymote

(3 Posts)
Onedaughteronecat Mon 20-Jun-16 21:16:27

I've been married 20 years and we have one DD. My husband and I have always had an up and down relationship but always muddle through.

Recently though, my thoughts have been turning more and more negative and I really don't think I want to be in this relationship anymore. I am not happy at all.

On the outside, we appear to 'have it all'. My husband is a good man and a great father. His one downside is that he is a perfectionist and neither me or my DD are perfect. But I am not happy. I hate sex with him and sometimes I really dislike him. I know that many many times he dislikes me. I can tell by his whole demeanour and the way he talks to me.

Is there anyway out of this? Can I change my feelings? If so, how?

AddToBasket Mon 20-Jun-16 23:04:53

Well, you haven't provided enough details here to know whether this is salvagable.

But, you have a DD and you think he is a 'good man' so you may as well get some counselling so you can know you've tried everything. If the counselling can't fix things, it can help you to find a path out and into a new life.

Oddsocksgalore Mon 20-Jun-16 23:07:42

Once you get to the point where you hate sex, it's time to leave.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now