Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So how do you make 'proper' friendships then?!

(3 Posts)
Makeoneupnow Mon 20-Jun-16 09:47:58

I started another thread about how I've been through a difficult time recently and two very close friends vanished- no support etc.
this happened a few years ago when I went through a health scare and found when I wasn't 'fun' people didnt want to see me so much.
It hurts more this time as I've really tried to be a supportive friend and been there for others but it hasn't been returned.
How do you make friends that are really good friends iykwim?

Makeoneupnow Mon 20-Jun-16 10:09:16

Anyone?

TheNaze73 Mon 20-Jun-16 10:35:07

I really don't mean this in a nasty way but, are you a demanding friend? I'm only generalising but, the fact you put anyone as a second message, struck me as being odd.
Really don't mean that nastily. smile

I think all friendships are about give and take, should be of an equal footing & although they take work, shouldn't be hard work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now