Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

WWYD wrt work colleague

(5 Posts)
WonderMomma Mon 20-Jun-16 08:29:25

I had fallen out with a work colleague because he made a move on me because he wrongly assumed I was interested in him and I rejected him.
I have received an anon bday present on my desk of my fave chocolates which only he knows at work that I like, I've never told anyone else.
WWYD in this situation? Don't know whether to thank him or return them.

Somerville Mon 20-Jun-16 08:47:16

Anonymous means no need to acknowledge who they were from. Especially as they could actually be from anyone.

Personally I'd take them home and eat them. grin Unless there has been any hint of harassment or stalking or aggravation at being rejected from him. In which case I'd report to HR and quite public ally put them in the bin/ open them for everyone else to share them.

DoreenLethal Mon 20-Jun-16 09:13:59

WWYD in this situation?

I'd probably open them and let everyone at work have one. Don't take them home.

ChicRock Mon 20-Jun-16 09:16:09

I'd open them and leave them in the kitchen with a note for all your colleagues to help themselves to a chocolate.

HooseRice Mon 20-Jun-16 09:16:22

Open them and leave them in the work's coffee area with a note saying "help yourself". They'll be gone in 2 mins.

Happy birthday flowers

I've had unwanted attention at work, it's creepy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now