Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If he says doesn't want a relationship...it means he doesn't want a relationship!

(11 Posts)
wearymum73 Sun 12-Jun-16 12:09:04

Not sure what I want to say really, but thanks to mn I finished with a guy I was seeing last night as I saw a massive red flag. I have been in ea relationships before, and I never knew the signs.
But thanks to mn I have walked away before I got more involved.
I have seen on here 'if he doesn't want a relationship....it means he doesn't want a relationship' I thought his 'l'm not sure if he wanted a relationship' meant he could want one...nope it means the same thing!
So feeling a little bit blue...but pleased that I have walked away from a potential train wreak!

ButIbeingpoor Sun 12-Jun-16 13:08:57

Good on you!
He'll probably regret his honesty but at least you are not wasting yourself on a bloke who isn't engaging at the same emotional depth as you.

Sassypants82 Sun 12-Jun-16 14:12:47

Good job! Now you're free to meet somebody worthy of your time & attention. Chin up lady x

DaleMaily Sun 12-Jun-16 14:17:11

It's harder than you think, well done.

wearymum73 Sun 12-Jun-16 14:27:27

You are so right dale it is really difficult to walk away when you have decided to open up to someone...I had been single for 6 years...so this was a huge leap for me to start dating again!

mumofthemonsters808 Sun 12-Jun-16 14:36:51

Great decision Weary, I take my hat off to you. In my experience, this statement means he does not want a relationship with you.If only this penny would have dropped with my younger self, then I would have saved myself lots of heartache and not been taken the piss out off.You've done the right thing.

PurpleHairBigKnickers Sun 12-Jun-16 14:39:02

Wearymum - it actually feels good doesn't it. I've just walked away from a 3 month thing. He won't commit and I am refusing to be the casual thing he wants. Have cried it out and today holding my head up high and cleaning my house. Life is to short x

TheStoic Sun 12-Jun-16 15:44:14

'I'm not sure I want a relationship' means 'I don't want a relationship...with you.'

Good on you, OP. Onwards and upwards. smile

SoThatHappened Sun 12-Jun-16 16:17:58

Good for you....

But to qualify it means they don't want a relationship with you.

Halfwayoranges Sun 12-Jun-16 16:34:54

Good for you! Don't waste your time on someone like that. X

forumdonkey Sun 12-Jun-16 16:53:50

Remember while you're dating Mr Wrong, you'll not find Mr Right. You're better than being someones down time. Good for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now