Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Where do I go

(18 Posts)
chloe13 Sat 11-Jun-16 18:45:54

It's my first time posting on here. I'm sat here trying to not cry my eyes out while I'm watching my children in the bath. I don't know what to do or where to turn to I have no family members that live near by nor do I drive so I'm sort of stuck in the area I am. I'm in a mentally and phiscally abusive relationship. I'm also 4 months pregnant with 2 young children. But since being pregnant the abuse seems to have gotten worse. No matter how hard I try I'm always wrong in whatever it might be. Just today alone I've been thrown against the wall punched and kicked I need to get out but I only work part time and have no money what so ever. I'm worried about going to the council because I feel like they will judge and question me and I don't know if I'm strong enough to go there and tell them what's happening. I don't want my kids going through all this as it breaks my heart seeing their reaction and there's nothing I feel like I can do while I'm here I've tried my best anything that I know can annoy him I don't do but even that doesn't work. I honestly just feel drained and broken and not the person I once was. Sorry if there is mistakes or it doesn't make sense my head is literally all over the place 😔

coco1810 Sat 11-Jun-16 18:52:47

Where is he now? Are you alone with the kids. You need to call 999 now.

RebelRogue Sat 11-Jun-16 18:56:04

Ring the police or at least ring women's aid on 0808 2000 247 or visit their website.

Afreshstartplease Sat 11-Jun-16 18:59:12

I know you say you have no one nearby but is there no one who can come and get you

chloe13 Sat 11-Jun-16 19:00:47

I honestly don't feel like I could I would be so scared incase he turns it around on me and says it's all me and with the boys here I wouldn't want them to see that which is frustrating because I would say the same to anyone else 😔

YesYABU Sat 11-Jun-16 19:01:53

When I worked for local council the police used to contact us to request emergency housing in situations like this. You may also be able to go direct to the council for this, but obviously trickier to get hold of someone out of hours (but they will have a duty officer).

I think police is your first point of call. If you're able to get out of the house to a safe public location, you could also call from there.

Afreshstartplease Sat 11-Jun-16 19:02:22

It's not going to get any better op , you need to protect yourself and your DC

YesYABU Sat 11-Jun-16 19:08:31

Women's aid can give advice without coming to the house or confronting him. They can at least provide a listening ear and support

Morasssassafras Sat 11-Jun-16 19:11:46

Please call women's aid on 0808 2000 247.

I know how hard it all feels at the moment but they will be able to direct you to people who will help you change your life for the better.

chloe13 Sat 11-Jun-16 19:27:07

I know it's slow but I've emailed women's aid I cannot speak to them at the moment as he keeps walking in and out the he's calmed down but I know I need to do this for me and my children so thanks everyone

RebelRogue Sat 11-Jun-16 19:28:49

As soon as you get the chance give them a call they will offer advice and support x they will advise on how to leave safely,what steps to take,housing etc x stay safe

loveyoutothemoon Sat 11-Jun-16 19:57:04

You need to call 999 and get out. They will help you with accommodation. You and your kids can't stay there. You don't want social services involved do you, because that's what might happen.

coco1810 Sat 11-Jun-16 20:00:18

Well done for emailing, that's the first step into a new life for you and your DC and you are incredibly brave. He cannot turn things around on to you eg, you do x, y or z to make him angry. He could walk away yet he chooses not to. It is his fault.

Can you turn to your family for help? Could they meet you at work? How is your baby, are your movements ok?

HandyWoman Sat 11-Jun-16 20:52:33

OP tell your midwife, please. They can get support for you and your children. It's all very scary but the alternative is that the abuse will just get worse whatever you do because the abuse is not your fault. There are lots of services that can help you and your dc get out of this to safety


coco1810 Sun 12-Jun-16 13:13:15

How are things today op

RyVeeta Sun 12-Jun-16 13:54:15

I called the police a month ago. They were fantastic. Incredibly kind and non judgemental. Believed me without question. They have checked back twice since then, too. Do it.

millmoo Mon 13-Jun-16 20:20:37

Hope you're safe and ok ?

purplefox Mon 13-Jun-16 20:46:55

Can your parents/family come and collect you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now