Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

think I've ruined things

(22 Posts)
Notsurewhyimhere Thu 09-Jun-16 10:06:14

So this is gonna sound silly and I'm fully prepared to be shot down.

Right so I was speaking to a guy a tinder for a couple of days. He seemed to be good to be true. However there was something that just made me think I was speaking to a fake profile.

I had only seen 2 pics on his profile, he said he didn't use Facebook and wouldn't send any pics (normal pics nothing dodgy)

I called him out and said I was having doubts he was real (which wasn't the most brilliant thing to do) I have clearly offended him and haven't heard from him since last night.

Just posting on here to see what I can do to make him speak to me again and/or if anyone thinks I was right to be suspicious

Lweji Thu 09-Jun-16 10:09:09

Just leave it.

Oddsocksgalore Thu 09-Jun-16 10:12:08

I used to get accused of not being real when I tried online dating.

I would wait for him to get in touch now.

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Thu 09-Jun-16 10:13:40

You are over thinking this. He is just words on a screen. You haven't met. Move on it isn't worth it.

CrownofStars Thu 09-Jun-16 10:16:18

It's Tinder. He almost certainly wasn't real and has slink off when you spotted it.

Notsurewhyimhere Thu 09-Jun-16 10:18:12

I was expecting everyone to say I'm just worrying about nothing. It sent alarm bells ringing when he wouldn't send no normal pics.

Thanks for everyone's advice

MyKingdomForBrie Thu 09-Jun-16 10:18:22

Don't try and speak to him again!! Obviously dodgy, he's been busted not offended. He would have just sent another pic if he was who he said he was. Just delete/block him and you'll have forgotten him in a couple of days.

Notsurewhyimhere Thu 09-Jun-16 10:24:50

His excuse was he doesn't like having his pic taken.

I feel a fool aha but at least I realised before we met in person

TheNaze73 Thu 09-Jun-16 10:26:50

He was married, bored with her & not getting enough sex. Move on OP. Your instincts were right IMO

Slowdecrease Thu 09-Jun-16 10:27:54

He has to be on Facebook to use tinder as tinder uses your Facebook profile info. That aside his Facebook isn't for you to ask about when you haven't even met, why would it be?

Oysterbabe Thu 09-Jun-16 10:30:25

It's been a couple of days, forget it and move on.

Notsurewhyimhere Thu 09-Jun-16 10:33:27

Cos I wanted to be 1000% sure the person was genuine. How else was I supposed to know?

And I'm done with him. The number will be blocked

purplefox Thu 09-Jun-16 10:37:03

I think you're going to have problems if you over think every guy on Tinder to this degree and need to post threads after not hearing from someone for 12 hours or so.

Notsurewhyimhere Thu 09-Jun-16 10:39:13

^^ hence why I'm done with it

TheoriginalLEM Thu 09-Jun-16 10:41:27

i think tinder may be the wrong place to be searching for 100% genuine

Notsurewhyimhere Thu 09-Jun-16 10:44:24

I don't think online dating in general is for me tbh. I'd rather meet someone in real life (if only it was as easy as that aha)

Slowdecrease Thu 09-Jun-16 16:28:12

I'm 100% genuine and met my DP on Tinder. Tinder users are not some kind of separate species you know, they're a cross section of real people.

Cabrinha Thu 09-Jun-16 16:44:03

I'm not sure why you think it isn't for you. You felt uneasy about someone so you told them. So you handled it fine. Just carry on with OLD.

If he wasn't genuine - good riddance.
If he was genuine but offended at a reasonable request - also good riddance!

Notsurewhyimhere Thu 09-Jun-16 19:20:04

@slowdecrease I'm not sure where you got the idea that I think everyone on tinder is a fake profile. I've never said that in any of my posts. I had a gut instinct something wasn't right with him spevifically

Notsurewhyimhere Thu 09-Jun-16 19:23:06

^^ I've not been on one single date since I've joined for a start. I'm glad you think I didn't act unreasonably though.

HermioneJeanGranger Thu 09-Jun-16 19:39:40

I'm dating someone I met online. We're both genuine and exactly who we say we are.

Not everyone online is fake, just not like everyone IRL is who they say they are, either.

Slowdecrease Thu 09-Jun-16 22:20:20

It was in response to another post not yours, OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now