Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Texts on OH's mobile

(15 Posts)
MulberryWilllow23 Wed 08-Jun-16 20:17:55

OH came home this evening and left his iPhone on the kitchen side. I asked him if he had seen my text and he said he hasn't so when he walked out the kitchen I opened his phone and saw that he had a text message from a random number and he had text twice. I remember seeing the texts say something about 'coming to see me? x' I closed the phone whilst OH came in and when he went to put his keys up when he came back the messages were gone.

OH is denying they were there but I'm sure I saw them but I'm doubting myself!

Hope this makes sense I'm so upset.

00100001 Wed 08-Jun-16 20:19:58

Is he normally protective over his phone?

It would seem odd to leave the phone with you if he had something to hide.

Oddsocksgalore Wed 08-Jun-16 20:21:01

You know what you saw op.

angryangryyoungwoman Wed 08-Jun-16 20:26:24

They were on there, because you saw them, and he is lying to you.
What do you think you should do?

Liara Wed 08-Jun-16 20:28:05

Can't you recover deleted text messages on an iphone? Mine is always suggesting that I can.

CantAffordtoLive Wed 08-Jun-16 20:28:45

Can I ask, is your 'OH' your husband or your partner?

I agree that you know what you saw. Do not doubt yourself.

What do you want to do? Can you ask him to give you some space?

seeyounearertime Wed 08-Jun-16 20:29:05

Did he pick up his phone when he came back in?

Janefromdowntheroad Wed 08-Jun-16 20:31:06

Well you didn't just imagine it did you? Do you usually just imagine random things that turn out to not exist? No? Well don't let him make you think you imagined this

You saw them. Don't let it drop until he tells you the truth. Just keep calmly repeating to him 'DH I saw the texts and I know you are lying'. He's hoping you'll just let it go

MulberryWilllow23 Wed 08-Jun-16 20:33:19

He's my OH not DH.

I know what I saw. His phone is just sat on the table. He's not secretive with the phone.

WellErrr Wed 08-Jun-16 20:39:46

It's fishy because he's lied.

If it was legit he would have explained it.

Sorry flowers

LadyStarkOfWinterfell Wed 08-Jun-16 20:40:38

Well he's cheating isn't he? Sorry flowers

WellErrr Wed 08-Jun-16 20:41:04

www.imobie.com/support/retrieve-deleted-text-messages-on-iphone-test-2.htm?utm_expid=54692794-66.eelyFqK7RCWid5gstP7SQA.2&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

Ask him to do this.

His reaction should tell you all you need to know.

EarthboundMisfit Wed 08-Jun-16 20:42:15

I would have been slightly concerned by the texts. After the lying I would be extremely worried, plus absolutely outraged that he was gas lighting/treating me like an idiot. The texts were there, and he does not want you to know who they were from.

SandyY2K Thu 09-Jun-16 00:58:48

He's gaslighting you. He is cheating on you.

Resilience16 Thu 09-Jun-16 06:28:14

Mulberry are you ok?This must be a bit of a shock to you if you had no inkling there was anything going on, or has your partner got form?
Don't let him try and convince you that you imagined the texts, as that way madness lies.
You know what you saw. Now you need to decide what you want to do next .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now