Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

separation/ wanting to be with the other parent

(6 Posts)
nearlyhellokitty Fri 03-Jun-16 21:02:17

hello all

So me and XDP have been separated for four years or so. DS1 is now nearly 7. DC are with me 10 days, XDP 5 dayg s. Recently DS1 has been consistently saying that he misses his dad and wants to be with him more in fact more than me. Anyway i am wondering what questions to ask him about this to understand what's going on exactly.

Am not opposed to him spending more time with his father. But there are problems, like his father would never take him to whatever classes I set up etc. He's quite manipulative so I worry a bit about what he's saying to DS1 etc..

erm. Help?

nearlyhellokitty Fri 03-Jun-16 22:39:39

bump

nearlyhellokitty Sat 04-Jun-16 11:42:14

And another bump!

bearleftmonkeyright Sat 04-Jun-16 11:48:04

Hello op. I have active conversation up and browse through those threads and happened to spot yours. I think you may get good advice from the relationship board. Report your thread and ask it to be moved. Not really got any advice foe your situation but I wish you well in getting it resolved smile

nearlyhellokitty Tue 07-Jun-16 08:39:27

and another bump!

CommonBurdock Tue 07-Jun-16 09:16:29

Is the current situation otherwise working for you? There shouldn't be any need to change if so. If there's regular contact with both parents that's the key thing. Instead of worrying about what mindfuckery the X might be doing on your dc (because you can't control that) focus on reassuring DS that he'll be seeing his dad in x many days when they'll be doing xyz activity and would he like to phone/Skype him for a chat right now. Works for me and my DD who is 5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now