Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I was weak and now it has made it worse

(6 Posts)
deutschland83 Fri 03-Jun-16 11:09:26

I had a previous thread. I found DH had been having what I would class as an EA with a work colleague.

I sent her a text two we

deutschland83 Fri 03-Jun-16 11:12:59

Sorry

Weeks ago, short, sharp and to the point regarding my thoughts.

I don't know if DH knows I did it.

DH has also ended a all communication with her and has promised never to have any contact with her again. There is no need for them to have any contact at work as they work in separate parts of the company.

She has not replied. I now feel completely numb. Not even a sorry. I had hoped it would give me closure but nope it's just left a huge void.

BitOutOfPractice Fri 03-Jun-16 11:25:31

She won't have said sorry because she's not. And she's learnt the lesson that "The best answer is no answer"

Sorry it hasn't given you the outcome you wanted. These things, in my experience, rarely do.

My advice would be to concentrate your ire and disappointment on the person who has betrayed you - your husband.

I'm so sorry you're in this situation. It sucks thanks

hellsbellsmelons Fri 03-Jun-16 11:29:16

If I was her I wouldn't respond either.
Nothing could make you feel better. More questions would be asked and I'd be sucked into something that won't help anyone!
Even a sorry would have you raging.
It's best she keeps quiet.
She has probably blocked you now so don't text her again.
Your beef is not with her it's with your DH who betrayed you!
I don't think anything will give you closure.
You are hoping a quick word from her will make you feel all better?
It won't.
Only time will heal this wound.
Give it time!

Sassypants82 Fri 03-Jun-16 11:30:21

I remember your last thread. What a incredibly hurtful situation. I agree with op, concentrate your feelings & the working out of the situation with your husband & forget that woman. A woman who is willing to have that sort of a relationship with a married man (and if I'm not mistaken is married herself? She sent a pic of underwear, wasn't it?) is not the type to apologise. Forget her & try to move forwards, whatever direction that my be.

Jan45 Fri 03-Jun-16 14:19:55

You shouldn't have done, she will just think you are bothered and things are not good between you and hubby, she owes you nada, nowt, nothing, forget her, as long as he has cut her out then work on sorting your marriage out, if indeed, he has.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now