Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do I do about my ex

(5 Posts)
widgie Mon 30-May-16 16:17:20

i broke up with my ex as I was unhappy with him in general, I was mothering him a lot as he had an awful childhood. I had encouraged him to go to the police and report his abusive past which he did. When I finished with him eventually he had a complete nervous breakdown and ended up in hospital. Now I feel so guilty about it that when I see him I start mothering him a bit and it gives him hope that we are going to get back together which I can't help. I have since meet another partner and it's in the early stages, but I can't shake off this guilt and mothering of my ex. What should I do?

OurBlanche Mon 30-May-16 17:23:58

Cut contact entirely. It will probably come to that anyway, so do it now, get it done and dusted before it all becomes horribly re-entangled

Guiltypleasures001 Mon 30-May-16 17:27:04

This is not your guilt to hold on to, it's a useless and destructive emotion, you are hindering his recovery having any contact with him op.

Cruel to be kind in this case is the way to go, this is about your need to not be thought bad of.

flowers

SandyY2K Mon 30-May-16 17:31:15

Don't ruin your new relationship by doing this. If a new DP of mine was doing this I'd think he wasn't over the Ex and I'd be gone.

TheNaze73 Mon 30-May-16 20:03:14

You owe him nothing. Block him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now