Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Advice on emotional and financial abuse

(8 Posts)
SpotOfWeather Wed 25-May-16 22:25:44

I remember a very helpful thread with tons of links and resources for people who find themselves in abusive relationships. Where is it? Can anyone help me find it?

SpotOfWeather Thu 26-May-16 18:55:17

anyone?

MadiSontRoy45 Sun 29-May-16 22:43:35

Hi spot how are you I'm going through both your topics you mentioned? You need to talk?

flatbellyfella Sun 29-May-16 23:01:45

Read the first post at the top of Relationships.

Fidelia Mon 30-May-16 08:19:43

If there's financial abuse, if you have a joint account, you can go to the bank with photo ID and another proof of address and get a new card (delivered to the bank to be collected by you). You can also ask to reset any online banking details. And ask for printouts of the bank statements (although they'll probably charge for this).

SpotOfWeather Mon 30-May-16 22:17:58

Thanks all. It's not for me, for a friend. Talking is very important. But eventually you need to do something about it. And I felt that that thread with all the links could make the 'doing' somewhat easier.

The first post at the top of Relationships is good but it's not what I'm after. I thought about a list of organizations like Women's Aid, Samaritans etc, I think I remember a post with a very comprehensive list of them all but maybe I'm imagining...

Elizabethreallyismissing Mon 30-May-16 23:29:31

I know the ones you mean - Support for those suffering emotional abuse or emotional abuse in their partnership. If you type it into safari they come up! Sadly they were up to about number 22 or something!
I hope your friend finds the support she needs to get out! sad

SpotOfWeather Tue 31-May-16 10:38:51

That's the one, Elizabethreallyismissing! Thanks. "Support for those in Emotionally Abusive relationships". There's so many of them shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now