Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I could kill him, he is impossible! Hormones!

(2 Posts)
Losingmyboy Tue 24-May-16 21:17:18

Ugh.... huge vent alert here.....

My OH is driving me round the bend. Literally. I cannot get him out his moods and I cannot live with them either!

He does not deal with stress, at all. He has ZERO patience. As a result, I end up suffering with his mood swings, his sarcastic 'whatever' 'uh huh' and 'I don't care' comments whenever I try to talk to him and resolve issues. I makes me so mad.... totally disrespectful and uncaring.

He seems to just shut down, whenever stress is involved or I bring something up we need to chat about, I get shot down, I get him stomping about in moods, taking it out on the kids and getting pissed off because the toddler has woke up during the night again (and he does nights) and he thinks the toddler has some vendetta against him....

Our conversations contain absolutely no respect at all, I feel very hurt most of the time we talk, I feel like he doesn't care about me or my feelings. He also seems to have NO feelings except anger and stress. He rarely feels happy about anything or excited. Part of me thinks something is wrong, but part of me wants him just to realise how horrible he really is at times.

How do I deal with the moods? Walking away and leaving him works on a few small number of occasions, but mostly it just delays the big argument brewing. There is NO reasoning with him. He doesn't see how unfair he is and he doesn't ever think I deserve an apology or feel bad, he has zero empathy. His sarcastic replies drive me to despair.... seriously..... I think he knows and enjoys how much it annoys me!

HELP LADIES!!!

HopeClearwater Tue 24-May-16 23:25:13

Where are the hormones in this situation?

Does he treat everyone like this? His workmates? Friends? I think I know what the answer is going to be...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now