Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Aftermath and what to do

(11 Posts)
user1462882883 Tue 24-May-16 16:44:21

Sunny you asked me what i expected to hear on this thread. you have all been super helpful.

I didn't like what one of you said about the child free living a lonely life. you do not need children to be happy and fulfilled.

My now ex girlfriend wants me to phone her later and she is whatsapping me asking to reconsider and that i would make an amazing father to our child. I feel so terrible.

I saw a counsellor to explore why i am against family life. She said the fact my father stuck around but never spoke to me much unless he had to, and this most likely was a damaging factor in my conditioning.

springydaffs Tue 24-May-16 16:47:30

erm... Have I missed something here?

TheNaze73 Tue 24-May-16 16:47:48

For your own sanity, just leave it now. I get why you wouldn't want children, some people just don't.

Arfarfanarf Tue 24-May-16 19:35:10

Seriously? 1000 posts wasnt enough for you?

Come on now. What more can anyone possibly say to you? You know what needs to be done, you just dont want to do it.

Do you really want another 1000 post thread of you going on about your lovesick heart?

Tell her this is your final decision. It is not what you want and please dont contact you again.

Or, you know, just give her the sperm.

Just for the love of god man make a decision.

I said on your first thread i genuinely feel for you and i meant it and still do but you have got to give yourself a shake here.

Make a decision.

Do not bleat about it.

Be in charge of your life and your choices.

Be clear.

Be honest.

CrazyDuchess Tue 24-May-16 19:38:42

Just for the love of god man make a decision

YY

What more needs to be said on the matter - no one is going to change your mind...

CrazyDuchess Tue 24-May-16 19:38:56

YY

What more needs to be said on the matter - no one is going to change your mind...

SunnySideYourGoingDown Tue 24-May-16 19:41:18

YY

Herald Tue 24-May-16 19:43:24

Nooooooooooooo spend the night reading back your previous 1000+thread....

cheesecadet Tue 24-May-16 20:09:10

Lets boycott the thread!

AnyFucker Tue 24-May-16 20:11:07

Please everyone stop bumping the thread of this narcissistic twat, for the Love of God

KittiesInsane Fri 27-May-16 11:54:34

User, I'm going to suggest (and this is no insult) that you explore whether you have Asperger's. You are writing in the style of someone with

very rigid thinking:
difficulty in conceiving (ha!) of a change to your current lifestyle
difficulty in imagining life with a child
finding it impossible to imagine that anyone could think differently...
a wish to quantify the exact risks and 'know' the future (all the '5%/95%' stuff, the 'would break down at 4 months' etc)
a tendency to repeat the same thing over and over

unusual social interaction for your age:
an unbending urge to make others accommodate you, not vice versa
very few long-term relationships, and fiercely over-invested in those
a somewhat formal and unusual writing style

and some hint of sensory problems:
you would 'be unable to cope' with baby poo

The massive overanalysis of your own thoughts sounds kind of familiar, too, though it's not exactly part of the spectrum.

Worth a thought?

Sorry, AnyFucker. Will bugger off now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now