Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

father not there for me now sick in hospital

(5 Posts)
Lovelychick34 Tue 24-May-16 16:36:27

My mum called and left a voicemail stating my father is sick in hospital however
He's never been there for me.
He makes promises and breaks them always.

When I had my son, marriage, graduation , new house he did not attend all visit.
He never has the time.

I'm fed up I just don't know how to tell my mum.
Any advice!

TheNaze73 Tue 24-May-16 16:49:04

Will you regret not making contact, if he died?

Lovelychick34 Tue 24-May-16 17:37:58

@TheNaz73 thanks for your reply no I won't regret.

Emptynestx2 Tue 24-May-16 18:00:55

Is he still with your mum, has he been part of your life but not made the effort for the important things? All I would say is don't have any regrets when he isn't here any more. The fact that you are asking must mean there is doubt in your mind. Take care of yourself

CommonBurdock Tue 24-May-16 21:24:25

Just tell your mum what you really feel and enjoy the relief it brings.

I was let down very badly by one of my parents and in the end that parent passed away with a chasm of emotional distance between us. What I really regret many years later is that they didn't step up and be the parent they could havr been - or at least have been even slightly nice - and that I gave it all so much mental anguish and headspace. Just get it off your chest in whatever way feels right. Sorry that you're going through this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now