Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would you say you knew? Or Keep quiet?

(6 Posts)
Nonose Tue 24-May-16 12:15:40

I don't really want to say too much but if you found out a shocking secret about a close family member (It involves a serious conviction of an adult child) and you hadn't been told about it, would you say you knew? I don't want to judge or condemn but I would like to support the family member however, for whatever reason she has felt the need to keep this a secret. I'm fairly sure other members of my family do not know. It keeps going around my head. I just feel it will be weird to be with her and know and not say anything but at the same time I don't want to upset in any way - she is absolutely the loveliest person. I certainly won't be telling any other family members.

MrsBertBibby Tue 24-May-16 12:23:26

I would guess she has her reasons for wanting privacy, and has a confidante if she wants one.

I should respect her privacy and keep it to myself.

Cunties Tue 24-May-16 12:24:26

Agreed.

GashleyCrumbTiny Tue 24-May-16 13:41:19

Definitely don't say anything.

Pinkheart5915 Tue 24-May-16 13:42:48

Don't say anything. She has her reasons for wanting privacy on the Matter

goddessofsmallthings Tue 24-May-16 14:05:42

As it doesn't appear that she has chosen to confide in you, you can best support your relative by interacting with her as you've always done which means that you must refrain from hinting that you are aware of something which she doesn't want you, or anyone other than those she has chosen to tell, to know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now