Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Frisson

(7 Posts)
Norky1975 Sun 22-May-16 16:32:51

When you feel a spark with someone, is it generally that the other person feels the same?
Thoughts please xx

indecisionindecision Sun 22-May-16 17:01:37

I don't think it's necessarily so. I developed a close relationship with a work colleague (we were both single at the time), fancied the pants off him and could have sworn that he fancied me a bit. I didn't make a move because we worked together and thought he was probably doing the same. Then he left and moved far, far away. We kept in touch and one day i asked him (by email as I'm a coward), if he'd felt the same way i did. He replied, very nicely, that no he'd never noticed any kind of spark and just thought we were good mates.

DraenorQueen Sun 22-May-16 17:01:59

I think it is because that spark comes from the mutual smiles, eye contact, etc. But I don't think that spark always means something is destined to happen. I have that spark with chap at work, we're both single but there's a tacit understanding that it wont go anywhere for many reasons.
OTOH, when I met my ex, there was an instant understanding between us that we would be together - no games, no doubting feelings. If I were looking for a new relationship, I'd hope to find someone who I clicked with in that way. but who could keep his dick in his pants. Cunt

Whats going on, OP?

Norky1975 Sun 22-May-16 17:32:39

Nothing - feeling it with someone. V strange.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Sun 22-May-16 17:36:39

I'd say no.

I had a lovely friendship with someone who felt that spark with me. I did not feel the same spark with him, we just got on well.

I had a another friendship with someone who I felt a spark with, people claimed they could see the spark between us... and then I met him out and about with his boyfriend blush

Norky1975 Sun 22-May-16 17:44:09

Isn't it weird though?

LovePGtipsMonkey Sun 22-May-16 19:22:46

are you a woman, OP? probably yes going by the username ha. I want to know that too - I feel it atm and it's so hard to imagine it's one-sided.

But I did feel that once towards gay man - mind you, he may have been secretly bi- but was gay openly. But more likely he wasn't bi- really, he just liked me, we got on.

OTOH I have a male friend, several yrs now, a close friendship even though we don't meet often, I feel zero attraction towards him (in fact, yuk!) but he did really fancy me - but managed to settle for friendship. I had to fend off innuendos but because he's nice and we get on, I had patiencee with that and he's got the message. I think it's easy to mistake friendliness/liking as more when you want it to be more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now