Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I get that my two best friends are now best friends and have no time for me, but do they have to keep rubbing it in my face?

(12 Posts)
LunaGracie Sat 21-May-16 22:01:30

Just needed a rant really.

Been friends with each of them for around 10 years, I'll refer to them as Nikki and Lucy for purposes of this thread.

About a year ago I introduced them to each other. They met a couple of times then it became obvious that they were meeting up with each other without inviting me. Fair enough. However since then neither of them ever want to meet up with me or even speak to me particularly. We all have children at the same school, so I see them a lot, and if they do make 2 minutes to chat with me they just talk constantly about the other one. If I suggest meeting up to either of them they either don't reply to my messages or are too busy.

But it's on Facebook that the constant rubbing my nose in it happens. Nikki in particular is worst for this; tagging Lucy in statuses for nights out, gym visits, shopping trips, exercise classes, soft play meet ups with their DCs.... Also they both post a lot of photos of them both, just selfie ones really, but just to emphasise that they are out together, again.

I know I should really delete them from FB but it's a small village and it would make things awkward, so I just ignore their FB stuff and am polite if I see them.

I just find it all so hurtful!

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sat 21-May-16 22:03:30

You've been Wendied.

They both sound like wankers.

ThomasRichard Sat 21-May-16 22:04:18

Instead of deleting them, go to their profiles and choose the 'unfollow' option so you don't see any of their posts on your newsfeed.

I'm sure it's really hurtful, how mean of them to leave you out! Hopefully not seeing the constant updates will help.

TheDuchessOfArbroathsHat Sat 21-May-16 22:07:21

Yep - sadly you've been Wendied. It sucks. Really do whatever you can in FB to NOT see their shit - then it can't hurt you and if they're doing it to achieve that you remove their power to do so at a stroke. Lots of us have been through this - I always advising going ice cold on their asses - it's what worked for me. Just withdraw and find some nicer friends - oh, and know that eventually (because it always happens!) someone will Wendy one or both of them!

Purplemonkeydishwasherpimp Sat 21-May-16 22:08:55

They're probably not purposely trying to rub your nose in it, they're just boring and think everyone cares about every detail of their lives.
Sounds like you've had a lucky escape - like said above unfollow and try not to give it much thought, they're jerks and you're better off shut!

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sat 21-May-16 22:10:10

Be glad you didn't waste another ten years on these twats.

No mates is better than fake ones.

Rainbowqueeen Sat 21-May-16 22:12:33

Yeah it really hurts doesn't it. It seems to happen a lot though.

I would go the Thomas Richard idea and hide their threads.

At least now you can use your time to find nice friends!

monkeywithacowface Sat 21-May-16 22:13:17

Unfollow them on facebook and put them both on your restricted list so they can't see your posts either (it's almost the same as unfriending them except they won't be able to tell).

Then just try your best to move on and make other friends. Be polite but distant.

springydaffs Sat 21-May-16 23:07:51

This happened to me. The gruesome moment it was obvious they were ridiculously into one another was when they both turned up in pigtails and left holding hands! I kid you not shock We're talking women in their 40s here shock

to this day I can barely believe it happened. It was incredibly shocking at the time - like you, I accepted their friendship, just didn't expect to be shat on and totally excluded from their love-in.

One of them seemed to relish how much she was hurting me. I feel for you that you have to see them a lot but hold your head up, you're not the infantile cow here.

greebstreebling Sat 21-May-16 23:13:21

What's Wendying? Where does that phrase come from?

Am sorry, OP. That does indeed suck and I add myself to the chorus of unfollowing their posts on FB

ConkersDontScareSpiders Sat 21-May-16 23:33:39

Pair of twats...sorry op...people can be vile

winkywinkola Sat 21-May-16 23:51:24

Yes. Wendied. Good and proper.

It hurts a lot.

But there is no point in trying to talk to either of them about it e v e r.

Just remain polite and normal. Not overly friendly though. Just don't give them any gossip fodder.

One of them sounds like she feels a bit of triumph. Silly moo.

When it all dies down - and it will - one or both will come to you and perhaps slag off the other or try and be pally with you again. Don't fall for it. It will bite you on the arse proper.

I'm sorry you've lost your friends. It's horrible. But they're showing you who they really are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now