Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating... how to get started

(5 Posts)
OohMrDarcy Tue 17-May-16 22:01:04

I'm ready to start dating again after my divorce, but am getting nowhere fast! Many reasons behind it

Work from home 9/10 so rarely meet anyone new
Hardly any single male friends /friends of friends
Naturally introverted and not great at selling myself

So! I set up a profile on tinder first, only ever had contact from weirdos! Deleted that and created an account on POF, the only guys who contact me are oddballs / pervs - so far! I've been through tonight and updated my profile a bit which I hope will help.

I also went to a local singles night last month, which was ace fun - but I was so nervous I just made a dick of myself mostly!

Any advice from seasoned pros would be welcome! I've never really done the 'dating' thing. My ex-husband was originally a friend made at a hobby. I no longer have time for hobbies!

pocketsaviour Tue 17-May-16 22:06:29

Join the dating thread, lots of advice there.

OohMrDarcy Tue 17-May-16 22:08:36

Was looking for that but couldn't find it! grin

Needtofeelsomething Tue 17-May-16 22:09:48

No help from me I'm afraid, just wanted to say I am in a similar position. I work from home, my friends are all in relationships & I don't get out much. I've tried OLD but they all seem to be a bit odd or very unphotogenic.

Hopefully someone will come along with some ideas we haven't thought of.

Princesspinkgirl Tue 17-May-16 22:27:13

Try meet me app I met my current other half on there smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now