Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

my marriage is over

(6 Posts)
Cinnamon13 Sun 15-May-16 00:43:10

My marriage has just ended, it has been coming with ongoing problems but it's still devastating none the less. Bit of a pointless post really, just feeling lost. Me and lo will have to move in with my mum for the time being and I don't know how I'm going to move everything from the house. Currently living 250+ miles away from my mums house. How do you move on from this given that lo is 2 yrs old and obviously will have to continue regular contact with his dad? How is this going to effect lo? I feel like a failure.

tipsytrifle Sun 15-May-16 00:55:47

What a shit time has been launched on you. It's good you can go to your mum's. Storage of stuff will cost but there are places to do it. I'm assuming that you relocating is the best/only option? Would he leave to give you space to sort stuff out? Is there any breathing space? Are you and Dc safe? Is this a rental home or mortgaged? In whose name?

Sounds like you're in the middle of hell atm Cinnamon but you have to get a clear head, sort out what's going on and how you can make it a simple and safe place for yourself and lo.

tipsytrifle Sun 15-May-16 01:01:35

You aren't a failure btw. The marriage may have broken down but relationships run their course, stuff happens that can't be recovered from .... failure is a heavy judgement on what may well a natural end, not that I expect everyone to agree with me on that. Just try not to judge yourself right now. There is work to be done by way of sorting out a new life for you and lo chocolate

Cinnamon13 Sun 15-May-16 01:18:52

Thanks for your reply. We have to leave the house as partner is in the forces and we are currently living in rented married quarters. So thankfully no mortgage etc to worry about. Me and lo are safe, it is in no way an abusive relationship. Unfortunately I don't drive so I will having to rely on husband to move us. He says he wants to get rid of the house asap, threw his wedding ring at me. Nothing major as such has happened, just constant rows/lack of trust towards him. I knew we would split eventually it's just facing it isn't easy to do. We've only been married a little over a year, I feel I will be judged for this. I have asked he take me and lo back to my mums tomorrow as he's got the day off and doesn't want me here anyway. I'm stressed about how I will move my belongings from the house, it is mainly my furniture etc.

Trifl32016 Sun 15-May-16 11:19:55

Number one priority is that you have somewhere safe to live with your Mum

Furniture
I would be tempted to leave it and arrange a house clearance
Because if you want to move it to your new location it will cost for a removal van, then storage. Unless you can store your furniture free somewhere eg in a garage

You dont know at this point how long you will be living at your Mums

When you move into your new house, you can always start fresh with second hand furniture, then buy new when you have more money

I would rather make a clean break, than worry about furniture

I would suggest you tell your husband he can dispose of the furniture, even if donated to a charity, some offer local collections for free

If you dispose of the furniture it is one less thing to worry about !

Nobody will judge you. People will wish you to be happy and safe and to have the opportunity to make a new start for yourself

harrisntasha Sun 15-May-16 16:44:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now