Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

have you tried Relate therapy?

(4 Posts)
Sofygwh Fri 13-May-16 21:09:43

In hacking troubles in my marriage and I've heard about Relate but I know there is a cost. Has anyone tried it and can tell me how much is it ? Thanks

SummerIsComing234 Fri 13-May-16 21:13:54

Hi I tried it but not a good relationship and husband used it to demonstrate how bad I was knowing I wouldn't turn round and talk about how he had been violent.

So if you are in that situation I would avoid it however I have heard people have found it good otherwise? It probably depends on individual counsellors though.

I think the initial meeting was £50 and you can walk away at that point if you don't want to proceed after meeting them.

JoeMaplin Fri 13-May-16 21:37:23

It kept us together. Sessions were £60 a time and our counsellor was great.

goddessofsmallthings Sat 14-May-16 07:20:21

What "troubles" are you having?

Couples counselling is not recommended where one spouse abuses the other and, from a number of recent posts on this board,Relate counsellors don't appear to be trained in recognising abusive behaviours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now