Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

'Inappropriate behaviour' re step relation and my bloody mother

(3 Posts)
CuspoftheWave Wed 04-May-16 22:59:40

I need to vent.

When I was 11/12 my step dad's brother lived with us for a bit. One night, and I used to follow him about the house as he was 'cool', I went (probably uninvited) into his bedroom and he was, in bed, naked. I remember him showing me his erect penis when I mentioned it (I didn't realise that at the time, I just thought it was a 'willy') and I also remember, as the next day I avoided him like the plague, he apologising for 'upsetting me.'

He behaved inappropriately, I realise that, hugely so, and I find recalling the whole scenario very uncomfortable and feel, despite knowing that it is ridiculous, bad about it.

I am now 41 am fine. However... talking to my very dear step sister, this is her uncle we are talking about, it turns out my mother told her about it. My mother at the time was pissed and due to her bitter and twisted divorce from my step sisters father (albeit over 13 years ago now, and before that they were not living in the same country for over 5 years). She was telling my step-sis, I am sure, as a way of getting a dig in. I didn't tell my mum about it until at least 20 years after the event myself, it is not gossip and my s-sister is very close to her uncle.

I feel sick!

EarthboundMisfit Thu 05-May-16 19:47:17

Bumping this for you.

CuspoftheWave Fri 06-May-16 22:07:47

Thanks. Am now quietly simmering but will bring it up with my mum when I've calmed down a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now