Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He is at the pub drinking every single night, im at my wits end

(12 Posts)
nataliegrantham1094 Tue 03-May-16 23:20:15

I am new here,
I dont know what to do. My boyfriend who i have an 18 month old son with has developed a habit of going out drinking every night, im literally at a loss, he never wants to spend any time with me and hes out all day aswell. Not drinking but working, then as soon as he finishes working hes straight to the pub and comes home in the early hours. Im really upset about this as there is nothing i can do, i just want a relationship where i am loved and wanted by him and it doesnt seem to be happening no matter how much i tell him how i feel.
Im at a complete loss and dont know where i stand anymore, my heads bashed

Wolfiefan Tue 03-May-16 23:22:23

You can do something. You can leave or throw him out. If he's drinking all evening and every evening then he has a drink problem. If he's never home then he's also a shit partner and father. Move on.

ImperialBlether Tue 03-May-16 23:32:17

You can have a better life alone than sitting at home worrying about this fool. I'm sorry, OP, but you need to tell him to go. If he sorts himself out there might be a future, but that isn't possible if you're putting up with really bad behaviour.

AnyFucker Tue 03-May-16 23:33:39

Of course you can do something

Get shut of him

I imagine he is shagging around, love. Sorry.

SecretSquirrelsSecretFriend Tue 03-May-16 23:35:59

I've been there. My ex quite quickly lost his job too. I left with DD aged 7 weeks and never looked back.

He's an alcoholic and you deserve better. Be kind to yourself and your baby and get rid of him.

nataliegrantham1094 Tue 03-May-16 23:44:29

I also thought the same thing about shagging around, it makes me completely and utterly paranoid :/

AnyFucker Tue 03-May-16 23:48:04

He isn't making you happy

You don't need any other reason that that to fuck him off

Hedgehogparty Wed 04-May-16 10:58:48

Doesn't want to spend any time with you or your young DS then?

Get rid of him asap - people like this waster will drag you down too if you let them.
You deserve better and so does your DS.

enfru Wed 04-May-16 11:17:38

My DH has been doing this too the last few weeks and when I confronted him about it and how unfair it is for him to expect me to sit at home, alone with our children in bed night after night he announced he doesn't love me any more and is going out so much so that he doesn't have to be at home.

He is moving out at the end of this week.

He doesn't necessarily have a drink problem unless hes drinking to excess every night? My DH hasn't been drinking at all, he's just been going to the pub because he's a coward and didn't want to face up to life as a grown up.

timelytess Wed 04-May-16 11:20:34

Drinking, having sex with other people, whatever the issue, get rid.

givepeasachance Wed 04-May-16 13:19:19

There's literally no point wasting your time trying to reason with this person

He's doing what he wants to do

You should do what you want to do.

Which I hope is live a happy and loving life

SleepingTiger Thu 05-May-16 08:05:30

This is how it will be for the rest of your life if you continue with him. There are better examples for your child to look up to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now