Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating again - needing a little boost in confidence please...

(7 Posts)
gemsangels123 Mon 02-May-16 16:03:23

I posted a week ago...I don't have family i can chat to about this so this site has been great. I have been single forever (6 years) and I have decided to date again after a couple of years out. I have had some great advice and read some lovely happily ever after stories so....I'm ready and have a couple of dates lined up BUT...
I am around a size 14/16 (not saying anything is wrong with this at all) and my weight has always been an issue in how I feel about myself. I'm soooo much better than I was. On my profile I have 3 pics shoulders up. I seriously don't have any full pics of me on my phone. I have put on there that I have a few extra pounds. I am starting to feel anxious as I have had some lovely compliments but that's just my head haha I don't want them expecting a size 10.

Lucky0707 Mon 02-May-16 16:16:32

Firstly size 14 to 16 isn't really big at all. I am not one of those chubby chasers as they are called so this isn't a skewed opinion. Of course taste is subjective but in my opinion any real man will value a woman on much more than her dress size. I always have. I have dated not alot of women but they ranged from a 10 to a size 20. When I've found a woman attractive she has always been so to me whether she lost or gained weight other than if it made her health bad I couldn't give a monkeys. Any bloke who wouldn't want to know you for such a shallow criteria as dress size really just isn't worth knowing.

gemsangels123 Mon 02-May-16 16:19:56

Aw thankyou Lucky smile
That makes me feel loads better already, thankyou

Lucky0707 Mon 02-May-16 16:37:35

Honestly don't mention it. I just don't like shallowness. I'd put on any photos you like. I've tried online dating recently and its best to be true to yourself and I'm very camera shy so I found it a little difficult. I wish you all the best in finding someone.

gemsangels123 Mon 02-May-16 16:44:17

I have 3 different ones all very clear ones. So hopefully the 'a few extra pounds' will help them prepare haha. Although tinder doesn't give that option. Thanks so much. I do not like shallow people either. I just know that not everyone thinks like us Lucky, unfortunately.
I wish you all the best too.

DottyButtons Mon 02-May-16 16:48:54

I'm a size 18 and five foot eight and am currently doing online dating, started about 3/4 weeks ago. I have two full length photos. I find it screens out the people who don't like a chubby woman. I've met up with two men, one was a disaster, not cos I'm big, but because he was a twat anyway! And have just planned my third date with the second chap. So it's not putting him off grin

gemsangels123 Mon 02-May-16 16:53:57

Aw well done dotty that's great news. Good luck. I didn't mean in anyway that my size was a bad thing what so ever. I am never going to be less than a 14 my hips won't allow it. Also I like cake haha. I run and keep fit but then I enjoy life. There has to be a balance. I just know how some men are and since a young age been made to feel not so nice and had major issues with food growing up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now