Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What would you do if someone wrongly accused you of giving them an std?

(8 Posts)
anotherncx Thu 28-Apr-16 20:01:55

And they were very nasty accusing you of sleeping around, calling you horrible names....
Would you go get tested and prove them wrong? Or would you ignore it and not speak to that person again?

5subjectnotebook Thu 28-Apr-16 20:04:39

I'd get tested to make sure the other person hadn't infected me....

anotherncx Thu 28-Apr-16 20:07:56

Would you inform the other person about the results?

MarthaCliffYouCunt Thu 28-Apr-16 20:08:47

Get tested definitely! Up to you whether you share the result with them or not. But get tested.

MsMarvel Thu 28-Apr-16 20:13:19

If you've not been tested you can't be 100% that you haven't surely? Unless you never had any sexual contact obviously.

I had similar, when i first got together with my dp we had both been single for a while. When we became exclusive I got tested. (before this i was on the pill and we didnt always use condoms)

My results came back showing positive for chlamydia. Dp then went to get treated. We will never know who gave it to who, we had both had unprotected sex with other people before becoming a couple.

If I were you i would get tested and take it from there, but dont assume that you haven't given an unknown STD to someone youve had sex with.

pocketsaviour Thu 28-Apr-16 20:18:20

Everything MsMarvel said. Definitely get tested, and soon. If you do have an untreated STD then the quicker it's treated the better, in terms of long-term effects.

Bear in mind many STDs can be completely asymptomatic (so neither of you could know you had it, and could infect the other) for years. I think herpes is up to 10 years. HPV can be years as well.

Bitchqueen90 Thu 28-Apr-16 20:27:10

This happened to me when I was younger. I got tested. Completely panicking. Turned out I was clean. I phoned him and informed him of the results. So either he cheated on me and got it from someone else or he never had one in the first place and was lying to make me look bad. Either way, I was well shot.

GarlicShake Fri 29-Apr-16 02:30:10

Well, I'd certainly never have sex with them again!

This has happened to me - it was a 'social sex' thing, though, so not emotionally loaded. I told him he could give his clinic my details if they wanted to follow up (they sometimes like to track an infection's progress) and to clear off. Then I went and got tested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now