Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I've plumbed new depths :(

(19 Posts)
Foodefafa Thu 28-Apr-16 18:13:25

I just spent half an hour doing my hair and makeup and put on my foxiest tightest Collectif little black dress (that I've only worn on our dates before), my filthiest perfume and my sexiest shoes so that ex DP would think I was going out on a date when he picked the DC up blush sad.

Now I'm going to scrub it all off and change into my dog walking clobber and then spend the evening on the sofa eating cheese.

Can someone please tell me how to stop caring about someone who doesn't care about you? I feel mortified that I've done something so desperate.

gamerchick Thu 28-Apr-16 18:15:49

I do understand why but it probably wont make you feel better flowers

There isn't a quick fix sadly, just time sad

hesterton Thu 28-Apr-16 18:18:38

That's quite funny and you should open a bottle, light a candle and enjoy a date with the most precious person in your life - you of course. Don't feel shit about this AT ALL. Be kind and keep a note in your memory that this was the point you started to truly value your independence. flowers

PirateSmile Thu 28-Apr-16 18:19:20

I'm sure people have done much worse than that! Don'e be too hard on yourself.

SorenLorensonsInvisibleFriend Thu 28-Apr-16 18:19:43

QFT, hesterton. Exactly that!

Quityabitchen Thu 28-Apr-16 18:19:56

Don't be so hard on yourself, heartbreak is a difficult road to travel.

I think that getting all dolled up is a fab idea, but what you should do next time, is actually go out for the evening, even if it's just meeting a couple of friends at the local pub. wine

lampshady Thu 28-Apr-16 18:21:05

That's so familiar. I've done exactly the same. Hope you're OK OP, stomp it out with the dog.

Buzzardbird Thu 28-Apr-16 18:22:08

All good practice for when you do! wink

Blackheart2016 Thu 28-Apr-16 18:24:48

I think that's a brilliant idea so don't feel stupid. Quite a lot of effort mind for a night in with the dog.

Diamogs Thu 28-Apr-16 18:26:17

I might copy that idea to piss off my ex.

OP be kind to yourself flowers

Foodefafa Thu 28-Apr-16 18:27:56

Thanks everyone. I think the wine is a fantastic idea. And I don't have to share I guess <clutches straw>

Quitya I would love to do that but sadly (and possibly crucial to our split) I have precisely zero friends. None. Can't figure out why as I'm nice to people and, in my opinion anyway, quite good company but I seem completely unable to make friends. Feeling very lonely right now. My mum has just booked to fly over for a visit this weekend, think she could hear the pathetic in my voice blush

Guiltypleasures001 Thu 28-Apr-16 18:28:57

Oh lovely give it your best shit eating grin at the door
There's nothing to be ashamed about throws you a baby bell biscuit

goddessofsmallthings Thu 28-Apr-16 18:30:22

Don't scrub all that effort off - take the dog out while you're dressed up and maybe find a dog friendly pub the pair of you can have a drink in so that s/he has a chance to make some new pals grin

Diamogs Thu 28-Apr-16 18:44:54

Great idea goddess

abbsismyhero Thu 28-Apr-16 18:46:52

that's okay i dyed my hair a lighter colour (my ex liked it my natural dark colour) and i wear shit loads of lipstick now we have split the side effect is i actually like my light hair colour and im loving wearing the lipstick so i might have done it initially to piss him off but ive ended up loving a new look!

i might go for a fringe next............

Offred Thu 28-Apr-16 19:09:20

This is not plumbing depths at all, it's quite amusing. Of course you should not be doing stuff like this in an ideal world but who lives in an ideal world?!

I heartily concur with having a date with yourself or with the dog in a dog friendly pub.

haveacupoftea Thu 28-Apr-16 20:44:29

I am definitely doing that if i find myself in your situation! You should write a book!! grin

Foodefafa Thu 28-Apr-16 21:23:21

I reckon I was mighty overdone for a dog friendly pub but that's a great idea for this weekend, thank you. Ddog is the friendliest mutt in existence so she should be able to pull for me grin

I'm on my second large glass of chardonnay and am listening to Lemonade to see what the fuss is all about. Cheers everyone wine

Lunar1 Thu 28-Apr-16 21:32:48

I've done exactly the same with an ex before!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now