Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do I do?

(4 Posts)
marylinmonroeroe Sun 24-Apr-16 23:37:49

My ex and I broke up in March last year. We have an 18 month old dd together. He currently lives an hour away due to work and me and dd live in my home town.

I'm so confused. We've had our problems and have been through so much together but I'm wondering whether it would be best for all of us if we gave things another shot. I know he would like to.

Another major factor is the area we currently live in. It's not great. The schools dd will likely be going to are less than great (I went to them) and I worry about her future. I think she would have a better chance closer to where her dad lives.

Am I being ridiculous? I really don't know what to do.

Somerville Mon 25-Apr-16 00:37:58

Depends what the problems were that led you to break up.
And either way, you could move to a different area if that is what you feel is best for your daughter.

hellsbellsmelons Mon 25-Apr-16 10:39:50

Why did you break up last year?
What were the reasons?
Just remember, he's your EX for a very good reason.

Boomingmarvellous Mon 25-Apr-16 10:43:49

If you go to where your ex lives and live with him and it doesn't work out, you could end up homeless. Think carefully before giving up a secure home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now