Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Single way toooooo long!

(13 Posts)
gemsangels123 Sun 24-Apr-16 22:21:26

It's almost 6 years that I have been single. I have definitely got used to being single. Being a single mum. Being lonely from time to time. For some reason lately I am feeling super lonely. Feeling sorry for myself as people (couples) go off for the weekend, go out for tea.... In the whole 6 years I have dated one guy and that lasted 6 weeks.....he disappeared and 3 months later stayed for another 6. I'm even missing him and he was a pig 😕

AutumnRose1988 Sun 24-Apr-16 22:39:39

Sounds like someone needs to get some pampering and then onto match.com flowers

gemsangels123 Mon 25-Apr-16 07:21:03

I was thinking Internet dating but was unsure of the best one to go on ....

AutumnRose1988 Mon 25-Apr-16 07:47:26

I think e-harmony or match.com are the better ones rather than POF. Don't use my single friend-the ratio of women to men is ridiculous and all the men seem to have not been online in 3 months +.

You should get yourself online and get chatting :-) then a bit of pampering to make yourself feel good and then get back out there x

gemsangels123 Mon 25-Apr-16 07:55:14

Aw thankyou AutumnRose1988 smile
I tried match about 2 years ago. Maybe I will try e-harmony.

StillDrSethHazlittMD Mon 25-Apr-16 08:05:21

Good luck. Been six years for me and nine years for another friend. Neither of us single parents so incredibly lonely having no one at home ever. Done online dating but exhausted the likely candidates quite quickly. Our opinion is that online dating as well as being a numbers game varies HUGELY depending on your location.

AutumnRose1988 Mon 25-Apr-16 09:11:47

What about match and those single nights or speed dating?

gemsangels123 Mon 25-Apr-16 17:43:54

My girls only see their dad every other Sunday for a few hours and the house is super quiet so I can imagine it's super lonely living alone. I have heard good and bad stories about dating sites. I'm envious of the good and can relate to the bad 😕
I have no one to go to the single nights with. I couldn't just turn up I'd feel a right sausage. Good on those that have the confidence but I just couldn't.
There is a new site called Tinder. It's free. Have you heard of it?

AutumnRose1988 Tue 26-Apr-16 11:38:24

I think tinder is more for the...casual hook up kind of relationship..I may be wrong so please someone correct me.

I know going somewhere alone is daunting but don't you think that the only way to make a change is to push yourself out of your comfort zone? You can't watch life go past because you didn't have a friend to go with you. Everyone will be in the same boat :-)

niceupthedance Tue 26-Apr-16 13:30:45

I met my boyfriend on tinder after 7 years being single. He's lovely (and normal). Most people are honest on tinder about whether they want a hook up or may be open to a relationship. I never went on any dates via tinder with someone who wanted a leg over. Another story on other sites though!

ThreeFrazzledFandangos Tue 26-Apr-16 13:41:53

Come over onto the dating thread. Loads of good tips for OLD on there smile

gemsangels123 Tue 26-Apr-16 18:25:06

I know I really should but I just couldnt do that alone. Dating fine but walking into a bar NO I couldnt possibly....
Yeah, I've heard mixed 😕 but I guess the same with all sites.
Thankyou for your comments....
I had a look on the dating post last night. It moves soooooo fast, lots going on. I am a bit boring with nothing to add but I will keep following

Czerny88 Tue 26-Apr-16 21:11:44

There is a new site called Tinder. It's free. Have you heard of it?

Is it on the Interweb?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now