Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Grandparents rejection of grandchildren.

(6 Posts)
howtorebuild Thu 21-Apr-16 20:11:39

My adult child has been contacted by estranged paternal GP. GP are trying to gaslighted my child that I kept them apart. Part of me is laughing at the narrative they have going on, the other half of me is angry. My child knows the truth and wants to visit them to confront them.

It's out of my control, I have offered to drive if required as DC can't for medical reasons. Any advice, other than selotape for my mouth?

pocketsaviour Thu 21-Apr-16 20:19:13

How old is DC?

Aussiebean Thu 21-Apr-16 20:21:39

What would be the point of them confronting the grand parents ? From you dc's point of view.

I would imagine if they haven't been around for so long then it is a toxic situation and there is no point, and will probably cause more drama which they won't win against toxic.

I think you should talk to dc's about letting go and continuing the no contact.

firesidechat Thu 21-Apr-16 20:21:50

It says adult in the op.

firesidechat Thu 21-Apr-16 20:22:51

I don't think it's a good idea to confront them either. Much better to gracefully ignore them and rise above the drama.

amarmai Fri 22-Apr-16 04:19:39

the gps are not going to tell the truth so why engage with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now