Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Wife in ow situation??

(9 Posts)
SnarkintheDark Mon 18-Apr-16 20:44:52

Hypothetically....
If you are or were married with kids and you discovered that your significant other had another woman that eas pregnant would you try to work it out or would you leave him??

SnarkintheDark Mon 18-Apr-16 20:45:43

I personally would throw out his sorry ass but my friend thinks she would try to make it work for the kids sakes.

ivykaty44 Mon 18-Apr-16 21:34:34

How would you know until faced with the issue and how or what would pan out?

Strawberryjam34 Mon 18-Apr-16 22:36:42

I always said that if I was cheated on I would get rid straight away! But, when it happens in reality it's a very different story. its not as easy as it sounds

TheNaze73 Tue 19-Apr-16 09:18:46

Straight red card. Cheating is cheating. No discussion

Lunar1 Tue 19-Apr-16 09:28:58

There are too many variables to generalise. I'd love to say it's as simple as just leave the bastard immediately, but for so many reasons it can be more complicated.

hellsbellsmelons Tue 19-Apr-16 12:57:53

Absolutely not.
He'd be gone.
It is hard when in this situation but no way.
This is not forgivable.

SnarkintheDark Tue 19-Apr-16 21:06:53

My hubby cheated, once was a one night fling when our son was born which I forgave but the second time was a long term affair with another woman and I could forgive him but couldn't forget so it ended our marriage.
I know a lady who's husband has been having an affair for a while and his ow has just had a little girl, he left the ow and went back to his wife and they are really happy as far as I know but then are they really???

Salfordlass Tue 19-Apr-16 21:18:19

I think any woman who took a man back after that must be a complete mug. If my dp did that I'd be absolutely devastated and If we split up it would change life as myself and my kids know it completely - but at least you could have some self respect. I think putting up with that kind of behaviour is allowing a form of abuse, what message is it sending to your partner and also your kids if they find out? I know things aren't always clear cut but whatever the excuse was i just wouldn't be able to live with a man who had done that to me, it just shows a complete lack of respect.
I suspect your friend isn't truly happy but is putting on a front. Sometimes keeping up appearances and keeping the family together matters more to people than having the relationship u deserve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now