Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The tedium of online dating. How do you cope?

(3 Posts)
ElanoraHeights Sun 17-Apr-16 23:09:28

I had a good day today and then went to meet a guy I met online for a drink tonight. He was nice but as soon as I met him I knew there would be no chemistry but had to stay for a polite amount of time and make smalltalk. I'd rather have been at home unloading my dishwasher. It's made me feel quite depressed. I've had so many of these tedious dates with men who are perfectly nice but there's no chemistry and I'm getting bored of it.

I did meet a lovely guy IRL but he finished things (I posted about this on another thread). I'd much rather meet someone IRL if I could but I also know many people who have met their partners online so I stick with it to increase my changes in what seems like the vain hope that I will get lucky one day too.

Married/coupled up friends tell me to 'get out there'. I am getting out there and it's downright tedious!

End of moan...sorry....I just had a nice day today helping out a charity that I work at sometimes at a weekend and then ended up totally depressed after yet another boring date.

Is it just me or do others find it tedious too?

ElanoraHeights Sun 17-Apr-16 23:17:11

*chances not changes! MN - please bring in an edit button!

RiceCrispieTreats Sun 17-Apr-16 23:17:12

Sounds like you might as well do more of the stuff that makes you happy, like your volunteer work, and stop the dating if it bores and depresses you.

Seems to me that life is about doing things that are good, and not about finding a mate. So do the things that feel right and stuff anything that doesn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now