Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Not sure what to do

(6 Posts)
IreallyKNOWiamright Sat 16-Apr-16 17:00:15

Yesterday a child's dad shouted at my dd after school when she was on her way to meet me. Then suddenly he was in my face shouting and being angry and intimidating. Thankfully I was with two other parents but it's really upset me because I was unaware what happened at lunchtime that day.
I am going to speak to the school and make a complaint but would you go to the police. He didn't hit me but he was very angry and I had to point my finger in his face to get him away from me. I can't stop thinking about it and I'm really worried about next week's school run.

Costacoffeeplease Sat 16-Apr-16 17:01:40

What's the context - what had happened at lunch time?

igglepiggleisanarsehole Sat 16-Apr-16 17:05:14

Context is necessary in this case, but his reaction is very inappropriate regardless of what happened, setting a horrible example for children.

Lunar1 Sat 16-Apr-16 17:06:52

What had happened at lunchtime?

IreallyKNOWiamright Sat 16-Apr-16 17:17:16

There was an incident between dd and two friends but we all know they have their fall out and the school always deal with it and they make up. But whatever happened yesterday made the dad really angry after school. The school never inform.me when it happens and I was totally unaware of the situation yesterday.

Costacoffeeplease Sat 16-Apr-16 17:22:14

I wouldn't go to the police, no, but talk to the school at this stage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now