Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Kissing on the first date: Yes or No?

(14 Posts)
Teaandcakeat8 Sat 16-Apr-16 12:36:25

I had a lovely date with a guy I met online yesterday. I think that he is way out of my league and I've worried I've blown it by kissing him and looking too keen!

When we left he said something along the lines of, 'we clearly had a great time, let's see what happens on [day]'. Then I bloody kissed him! Although he did seem very eager to reciprocate and it was very nice.

Opinions? Is it a complete no no?

Pinkheart5915 Sat 16-Apr-16 12:38:09

If you've had a nice time and you like them then whats wrong with a kiss

Perfectly fine to go for it imo

VinceNoirLovesHowardMoon Sat 16-Apr-16 12:38:09

confused
What century are you living in? If you fancied him and wanted to kiss him then yay! You obviously had chemistry and will probably have a second date. What kind of men do you hang out with who look down on women for kissing on a first date?

Trills Sat 16-Apr-16 12:44:31

If you fancied him and felt like kissing him - why not?

Not kissing doesn't necessarily mean I don't fancy someone though.

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Sat 16-Apr-16 12:46:14

Of course you have to kiss your date properly. How else would you know your compatible?

Hormones don't lie.

Seeyounearertime Sat 16-Apr-16 12:47:37

I think if I were that man and had just had a great night then a kiss from someone I'm attracted too would mke a great night even greater.

Teaandcakeat8 Sat 16-Apr-16 12:48:12

I guess I'm worried I've given the wrong impression that I'm desperate... Perhaps I'm over thinking.

I do think though that there's nothing worse than building up to a first kiss and then it being shocking. At least I know he has good technique I guess.

Seeyounearertime Sat 16-Apr-16 12:50:49

Have you messaged since?

Teaandcakeat8 Sat 16-Apr-16 12:57:09

Yes on and off as he has gone away for the weekend.

LovePGtipsMonkey Sat 16-Apr-16 14:27:19

if he was in contact first since then, all is fine. Just don't overdo texting before the next date from your end.
But next time let him take the initiative re kissing! Oh and don't initiate sex yet on next date as you'll be posting again all anxious, haha!

Binders1 Sat 16-Apr-16 19:07:48

It was probably a nice surprise for him. He may not have been kissed first by a lady on a first date before!

RealityCheque Sat 16-Apr-16 19:28:24

Binders hmm

I'd be surprised if he ever hadn't!!!

Binders1 Sat 16-Apr-16 19:38:07

reality I had kind of imagined that op had on an impulse of desire just thrown herself at first date and sniffed his face off! I took that further to think that he might have been pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it and perhaps not had that happen before. (Not that he hadn't had a kiss on a first date!) But may be its common as per your confused face? What do I know!

Binders1 Sat 16-Apr-16 19:39:13

Fgs - snogged not sniffed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now