Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

emotional attachment or more?

(6 Posts)
chickenrun3 Fri 15-Apr-16 14:49:22

hello.I need some one to help me with clarity.i am very confused at the moment .i am very close to a male friend. i am in a committed relationship with kids, he is not. im not sure if there is sexual tension there or not as things can get a bit 'weird' at time eg blushing, awkwardness etc.we do message eachother very regularly.nothing sexual but im sure i wouldnt like my partner to see some of them.there is plenty of hugs, light arm touching etc in situations like a birthday, goodbyes etc. i love my partner and could never imagine having sex with anyone else but at the same time, i wonder if it came down to it what would happen.Im very confused.Any guide out there or anyone ever been in a similar situation?thank you

0phelia Fri 15-Apr-16 15:05:35

If I were your partner I'd be unhappy with this.
You're essentially flirting with each other.

You obviously feel something or it wouldn't be playing on your mind.

No harm in a fantasy though, so long as it stays in your imagination. You would benefit from rekindling things with your DH, make your good relationship even bette and something to be proud of.

MatrixReloaded Fri 15-Apr-16 15:57:16

You need to dump the so called friend. Why do you let this bozo take the piss out of you and your husband ?

MissBattleaxe Fri 15-Apr-16 16:02:18

This is how emotional affairs start. If your DH was in your situation with a "very close" female friend would you be happy? If not, close down this friendship.

mum2mum99 Fri 15-Apr-16 16:08:31

You are on a very slippery slope. You know what the next stage is: you will be shagging him and loosing your husband. Act now while you are not fully entangled and stop all contact with him.
Now is there something missing with your husband that you feel this guy could give you? If so, work at making it happen with your husband and you will be happier.

nicenewdusters Fri 15-Apr-16 16:19:45

It sounds like you're playing with fire.

Are you just flattered, or have things got a bit stale for you in your relationship ? If there are texts you know your partner wouldn't like, then it sounds like you've already over stepped the mark.

Why is your friend flirting with a woman in a relationship with children anyway ? D'you think he likes the thrill of the chase ? What's his back story ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now