Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Friendship?

(3 Posts)
bookbuddy Thu 14-Apr-16 22:52:12

I've had a long term friendship which has in the last 5/6 years been very difficult, lots of bitching, competitiveness, let downs and put downs. Mostly how crap our relationship/job/children is compared to theirs I have tried talking to said friend a few times asking what's happened but the answer is always I'm being silly everything is fine! So a few months ago friends marriage broke down and a group of us met for drinks were friend told me oh had been unfaithful because " I'd find out anyway" then said not to ring or pester other friends were being the supports. I left the bar feeling dreadful saying please call if you need me. It's been 2 months now and still nothing should I just give up (this was once my closest mate). I am not the only one of the group of friends feeling this way. What shall I do?

Aussiebean Thu 14-Apr-16 23:25:29

I am afraid I am a little lost as to what happened. Your oh or hers?

Either way, it doesn't sound like a nice,supportive and equal friendship so maybe best to leave it.

bookbuddy Thu 14-Apr-16 23:29:48

Sorry just read it back its friends oh not mine. I thinking the same tbh just sad as I don't know how we got here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now